30: "Familiars"

Mostly a filler chapter ngl

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Sam! Holy Hell!" I took deep breaths as I burst into the library, scaring both of my brothers.

"What's wrong?" Dean asked instantly and I grinned.

"That spell book you got me for Christmas..." I tried to catch my breath.
I wasn't a huge fan of spell books, but Sam had made a few calls to some friends and found a spell book from a witch who lived in Europe. She had recently passed and her spells could only be cast by elemental witches.
"I love you, oh my god. You're not gonna believe this."

"What?" Sam asked in confusion.

"They're awesome. I mean I did accidentally just hex myself, but it's awesome."

"What?" Sam repeated, looking more concerned than confused this time.

"It's nothing bad, I think." I held up my hands.
"Have you guys ever met familiars?"

"Witches familiars? Yeah, once or twice." Dean nodded.
"Why?"

"Because I think I just turned myself into one, kind of. I'm still a witch, but I can do this..." I closed my eyes tight and when I opened them again, everything was a lot bigger around me. Sam looked down at me and I thought he was tall before...

"Y/N?" He asked, before picking me up. I yelled in protest, but all that came out was a loud meow.

"What the Hell?" Dean pulled a face and Sam put me on the table. I glared at my younger brother, not happy he manhandled me like that.

"I don't know." Sam muttered.

"No, dude, what the Hell?" Dean looked at me closely.
"Y/N?" I meowed again and he flinched, moving back.
"Why a cat? Of all animals? A cat? I'm allergic to cats!" Dean crossed his arms and I wanted to laugh.

"Why are you- Oh my God." Charlie walked in and looked at me with wide eyes, moving closer. She reached forward and started scratching behind my ears, purrs unwillingly escaping my throat.
A part of me wanted to move away but it felt so nice.
Sam burst out laughing and Dean did too, Charlie retracting her hand in confusion.
"What's so funny?"

"That's not a cat." Sam wheezed and I jumped off the edge of the table, turning back into my normal human form, Charlie stepping back in shock.
Sam and Dean only laughed more.

"Shut up." I muttered, my face burning.
"Sorry." I apologised to Charlie, who just looked shocked.

"You can do that?" Charlie asked and I sighed.

"Apparently." I turned to Sam.
"If you ever pick me up again-"

"You'll scratch me?" Sam asked, giggling like a child.

"Yes." I promised, glaring at him and he stopped laughing.

~

Being a cat was cool. I got to see everything from a new point of view, literally.
It was fun, being able to hide in small spaces and run faster.
And as stupid as it was, Cas also gave the best head scratches.
I also saw things I hadn't noticed before, scratches and dents... strange men I had never seen before in the kitchen.
I was about to change back and find out who he was, when he suddenly picked me up by the scruff of my neck and lifted me off the ground.

"Hello?" He spoke in a thick British accent and I meowed loudly. I hissed and made as much noise as I could, considering I couldn't turn back or hurt him.
A few seconds later, Cas walked in with a worried look on his face.
"Hello, Castiel. I didn't think you'd be the type to have pets."

"We're not." Cas took me from him and I jumped up onto his shoulders, rubbing my head against the back of his, before jumping down to the ground and changing back into myself.
The man looked shocked, but I was pissed and I threw him back against the wall with the flick of my wrist.

"What's all the noise?" Sam and Dean came in, seeing the man struggling against my invisible hold.

"Y/N, let him go." Dean sighed and I opened my mouth to argue.
"Now. Unfortunately he's one of the good guys."

"Fine." I let him fall to the ground, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Ketch, what are you doing here?" Sam asked.

"This is Ketch?" I asked, remembering what the boys had told me. He was British Men of Letters and a total douche bag.
"Can I kill him? Pretty please?"

"No." Dean sighed. The man composed himself.

"Incredible. What are you?" He looked at me.

"Pissed off, mostly." Sam snickered and Cas took my hand.

"Oh, you're the lucky lady. When Sam told me Cas was engaged, I didn't quite believe it." He smiled.

"Y/N, this is Arthur Ketch, British Men Of Letters, kind of a dick, but he's good at his job." Dean introduced.
"Ketch, this is Y/N Winchester. Our half sister, Cas' fiancée, witch and badass."

"Occasionally turns herself into a cat, doesn't appreciate being picked up." Sam added and Ketch stepped forward.

"I do apologise." He held out his hand and I shook it, before he brought my hand up towards his lips and kissed my knuckles.
"I didn't mean to offend you. I actually came to congratulate your proposal."

"Really? You just hopped on a plane and travelled half way across the world to say something that could be done over text?" Dean wasn't convinced.

"I do have business to attend too as well. I simply dropped my on my way, I thought the gesture would be appreciated, that's all." Sam hummed, still not convinced.