17: "Trap"

Castiel's P.O.V.

"This place is creepy." Dean muttered, taking out his gun.

"Looks like no one is home." Sam commented.

"Well there was no car and this place is in the middle of nowhere, so unless evil witches really do ride broomsticks then it looks like you're right, Sam." Dean added and I rolled my eyes.
"Sam and I will take upstairs, you and Jack check down here." I let my angel blade slide from the inside of my sleeve, catching it and moving away from the group.
The house itself seemed pretty ordinary, although it was too tidy, almost as if no one had been living there.

"Cas?" Jack asked quietly and I turned to see where he was looking. It was a door with several locks and deadbolts attached, all of them locked. I unlocked the door one lock at a time, before opening the door and being tackled to the ground by a very large man. He wrapped his hands around my throat, fangs bared, revealing that he was a vampire.
He gasped for breath as his eyes went wide, before he rolled off of me. Jack was holding my angel blade in one hand, his fist clenched in the other.
"Why did a witch have a vampire locked in the basement?"

"Let's find out." I stood up and Jack handed me the blade back.
"Stay here." I looked at him and he nodded as I made my way down the old steps. It was dark in the basement, no source of natural light. There was a light switch and I hesitated before turning it on.
There was a quiet groan and I snapped my head towards a beaten up and bloodied Y/N, unconscious and handguns from the ceiling by chains attached to her wrists.
"Get Sam and Dean." I looked up at Jack, who nodded and moved away from the door.
I moved over to her, reaching up to the chains, before breaking them, causing her to collapse against me.

"Ugh..." I sat her down on the chair, taking off my trench coat and wrapping her in it. I hooked one arm under her legs, one around her back as I picked her up and moved back towards the stairs.
"Cas?" I looked down at her, her eyes opening slightly.

"Shh, we're getting you out of here." I made it to the top of the stairs, Y/N battling with consciousness.

"Cas... no." She murmured and there was a choking sound, causing me to look towards Sam, Dean and Jack, all of them struggling for air.
"Trap." A woman stepped towards me, she looked similar to Y/N, except older and her soul was much uglier.

"The whole gang is here, let's get this party started." She raised her hand in my direction and I was knocked down to the ground, losing my grip on Y/N.
I couldn't move, no matter how hard I tried.
Y/N's mother came over and grabbed Y/N's arm, pulling her roughly to her feet.

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Time to wake up, Y/N." My mother spoke, snapping her fingers, causing a jolt of adrenaline to shoot through me.
My eyes shot open and she smirked at me.
"Good, I want you to see this."

"Y/N." Jack pleaded in a raspy voice, Sam unconscious on the ground next to him and Dean not looking too far off. Cas was on the ground, struggling against an invisible hold.

"Let them go. You have me." I looked at her.
"They don't have anything to do with this."

"Oh, Y/N, they have everything to do with this." She laughed.
"The spell I need your magic and heart for needs more than just a heart, it requires a broken heart. A heart from someone who's just lost what matters most to them, so I'm going to kill them and you're going to watch. Starting with your precious angel."

"No." I shook my head and she laughed.

"That's cute, you think you have a choice in the matter." She sighed, looking from me then to Cas. She started to turn her outstretched hand into a fist and Cas groaned in pain as his bones cracked.

"Stop!" I pushed her back with my magic and she crashed against the wall
"Don't touch them."

"Oh, you really are strong." She laughed, standing up straight.
"But on your own, not strong enough."

"She's not on her own." Dean said, gun raised. The spell my mother had cast on them had worn off thanks to me knocking her off balance and Jack was helping Sam stand. I helped Cas to his feet, both of us leaning on each other.
I closed my eyes as Dean fired the gun, leaning my head on Cas' shoulder.

"Let's go home."