29: "I Love You"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"If I eat any more, I might explode." Dean muttered as we finished clearing away the plates.

"I made pie for after presents." His eyes lit up and Charlie laughed slightly.

"Come on, its present time." She grinned excitedly and we dragged chairs to sit around the tree, Charlie and Jack sitting on the floor. Charlie handed everyone the presents from her and none of us were surprised to get nerdy Christmas jumpers.

"Aw, yes, Star Trek." Dean muttered quietly and I laughed at him.
Everyone took turns handing out presents and then it was my turn. I handed everyone their presents, and sat back in my chair nervously.

"Y/N, this is amazing." Mary looked at me with a smile.
Mary had gotten a photo album and with the help of Dean and Sam, I had pictures in there that dated back years.
I had bought Dean a very old and expensive bottle of whiskey, Sam a new set of books I thought he would enjoy reading and Charlie a couple of pop vinyl dolls. Jack was a little more difficult to buy for, He was happy with anything, so I had to buy him something with a lot of meaning. This wasn't his main present from Cas and I, he'd get that once everyone was done.
It was a locket, one that had a picture of his mother inside of it.
Jack looked at me with watery-eyes, before tackling me off my chair and into a hug.

"Woah." I laughed, hugging him back.

"Thank you." He whispered, before getting up. We moved back to the group and Cas gave me a smile as we sat down.

"I don't get it, what about Cas' present?" Charlie asked in confusion.

"It's outside so I'll take him to see it later." I explained shortly- earning a confused look from the angel and a knowing one from Sam.

"Well, Cas, it's your turn." Dean looked at him.
"But maybe you should give Y/N her present when she gives you hers?" Dean spoke and Cas nodded. Now I was the confused one.
The rest of the presents were handed out and it was just Jack's final present and mine and Cas'.

"So are we going to see what Y/N and Cas got each other?" Jack asked excitedly.

"There's one more present, first." I smiled and Charlie pulled out the blindfold, putting it on Jack and we led lim to his room, everyone following us. Cas opened the door and we took the blindfold off of him, watching as his expression changed from confusion to shock to amazement.

"Merry Christmas, Jack." Cas smiled and he moved forward towards the cage and looked at the small black rabbit with wide eyes.

"A totally normal, non-magical rabbit that isn't going to affect anyone's luck whatsoever." I explained, looking at Dean.
"As long as Jack learns to look after him, it should be fine."

"Maybe we should go and take a look at Cas' present from Y/N? Before it gets too dark out?" Sam suggested and I nodded in agreement.
"C'mon, Jack. You can play with your rabbit later."

"What is it?" Charlie asked curiously and I winked at her, before Cas wrapped his arm around me.

"It's cold out, we should get jackets." Mary reminded and Cas and Sam offered to go and get them.

"Now Cas isn't here, what is it?" Charlie asked as Jack closed his bedroom door, already wearing a jacket.

"What's my present?" I looked at Dean, but he shook his head.
We moved towards the door and no matter how many times Charlie asked, I refused to say anything.

"Ready to go?" Sam asked as he and Cas got back with jackets. Cas handed me his trench coat and I was a little confused, but I went with it. We went outside and I took Cas' hand and put my arm over Jack's shoulders.
We walked down the path Sam ran every morning, towards the back of the bunker, then down the new path that Sam and I had created.

"Where are we going?" Jack asked curiously and then it came into view. I watched confusion appear on Cas' face as me moved towards his present.

"I know it's kind of the wrong time of year, but I had an idea and when I told Sam about it- we just had to do it." I explained as we walked towards the greenhouse. It was pretty big, not huge, but it had taken Sam and I a good few weeks to build it and set everything up.
"As a witch, I need certain plants for potions and they always seem to be more effective when they're home grown. So this is a place o can start doing that, but also..." I opened the door and pulled him inside. There was a soft buzzing sound and instantly Cas' eyes lit up and landed on the wooden box at the back.
"It has a built in beehive. 'Cause I know you really like bees. They can come and go as they please and they're lightly enchanted so they're super friendly and won't sting anyone."

"You made this?" Cas asked softly and we left the greenhouse, letting the others have a look inside.

"With Sam's help, yeah." I smiled and I played with the sleeve of his trench coat, feeling a little nervous.
Cas pulled me closer by his trench coat and kissed me, Mary and Charlie cheering, causing us both to blush. I could have sworn I felt him reach into one of the coat pockets, but I brushed it off.

"I love you." Cas whispered against my lips and I opened my eyes, meeting his.

"I love you too." His smile grew and my heart raced. I meant it, I really did, I had been waiting to say it for a while.
It was the first time he had told me he loved me and the first time I had told him. Considering our relationship had started with a kiss after a few sips of whiskey, it had gone pretty slow, not that it was a bad thing. It was actually really good, because we got closer with every conversation and every kiss, without feeling pressured into anything.
So yeah, our relationship had gone slow, which is why I was not expecting him to get down on one knee in that moment.

"Y/N Winchester..." He began and my eyes went wide.

"Oh my God." Charlie whispered.

"The first time I met you, you saved my life. I didn't know who you were or what you were doing, but I instantly knew there was something about you. That was almost 8 months ago, now. It doesn't seem like a long time, but it has felt like a lifetime with you.
I love you, Y/N. Will you marry me?" I was speechless as he opened the black box in his hand, revealing an engagement ring that could only be described as perfect.

"You knew about this?" Sam whisper-yelled to Dean, who just chuckled.
Cas looked up to me with hopeful eyes and I wished that moment could last forever.

"Yes." Everyone cheered and Cas stood up, picking me up and spinning us around. I kissed him and he put the ring on my finger.