11: "Fine"

Y/N's P.O.V.

"This is my mess, let me clean it up." I looked at Rowena, who only smiled.

"Y/N, dear, I'm doing this. Consider it my apology for not checking in on you. I should have known something was wrong when your mother was travelling alone." She gave me a small smile.
"If these boys don't treat you right, I'll come back here to hex them myself."

"Thanks, Rowena." I smiled and she moved up the stairs to the exit.

"Talking of messes, I think I've got us a case." Dean pushed his laptop towards Cas.
"4 dead, hearts ripped out and bodies left in alleyways."

"Werewolf?" Cas asked and Dean nodded.

"Looks like." Dean looked at me.
"Y/N, what do you think?"

"I think; have fun and don't die." I sighed.

"Ah ah, no. You're coming with us." He stood up.
"Sam and Jack can stay here, but you're coming along for the ride. You need to get your mind off everything."

"Everything?" I questioned, irritated.

"Look, I know we don't know all that much about each other, but if this whole thing is gonna work out, you've got to trust us. So we're gonna go on this hunt and if you feel like telling us what's going on, that's up to you, but keeping it from us isn't helping anyone." I hated that he was right, but I was stubborn.

"Fine." I muttered.

"Fine." Dean nodded his head.
"Get your stuff together and meet at Baby in 15."
We went separate ways and I made it to my room, packing my old duffel. There was a knock on my open door and I looked up to see Cas.

"What's up?" I looked at him as I folded a shirt and placed it in the bag.

"You've made it clear you don't want to talk to anyone about your mother." Of course it was about that.
"But Dean won't just let this go and I'm afraid you're both as stubborn as each other."

"I don't want to argue with him, but he's going to have to drop it, because I can't-" I finished packing my bag, zipping it up.
"I can't talk about it."

"I understand that, which is why I'm going to ask you to let me see it." I looked at him in confusion.
"I can access your memories and you'd have to help me, but it would be a lot easier than talking about it. I'll know what happened and I'll be able to get Dean to back off a little."

"Cas..." I let out a shaky breath, considering my options.
"Fine, but not now. I need to think."

"The case is about a 12 hour drive, Dean will want to stop for the night somewhere. Will that give you enough time?" I nodded my head and Cas left the room. I made sure I had my headphones, knowing the drive was going to be tense.
I threw my bag over my shoulder and followed Cas out of the room, almost running into Jack.

"Are you really going on a hunt?" He seemed upset and I put my bag down.

"Yeah, I'm heading out to the garage now, looks like a werewolf." He frowned.
"What's up, Jack?"

"It's stupid." He shook his head.
"I just don't want you to get hurt. You haven't been here long, but you're nice and you like talking to me."

"Here, give me your phone." I smiled at him and he reached into his pocket, unlocking the device and handing it to me.
I added my number to his contacts, before handing him the phone back.
"If you get worried, or stressed, or upset, text me, even if you think it's a little silly. We'll be back before you know it, don't worry." Jack suddenly hugged me tight and I laughed slightly, hugging him back.

"Promise you'll stay safe?" He asked and I ruffled his hair, breaking the hug.

"I'll do my best." I picked my bag up, before heading towards the garage, finding Dean and Cas waiting. Dean put my bag in the trunk and I plugged my headphones in as I got into the back.

"Ready to go?" Dean asked and I nodded my head.
"It's a long drive, maybe a good time to share a story? Childhood memories, perhaps?" I opened my mouth to tell him to shut his, but Cas beat me to it.

"Dean, drop it." The angel said in a warning tone, before glancing back at me. I gave him a small smile and Dean started up the engine as I selected a playlist.
Dean was right about one thing; it was gonna be a long drive.