36: "I Miss Him"

TRIGER WARNING - Character Death

It's a sad chapter, ngl

Y/N's P.O.V.

"Mom!" Bee yelled loudly, the excitable 5 year old, running towards me.
"When is dad home?" She asked quickly.
"And Jack? And uncle Sammy?"

"Soon, Bee." I gave her a small smile.
"Come on, lets go and make them cookies for when they get back." We walked into the kitchen hand-in-hand and I picked the young nephilim up, sitting her on the counter, next to the photo frame, holding Dean's picture.
Sam hadn't been the same since Death had taken Mary and Dean to the empty after they died.
Mary was caught and killed by vampires last year and then 3 years ago Dean was killed by two demons. Even Crowley attended the funeral, muttering apologies.

"Can we make pie?" Bee asked innocently.
"I really like pie and daddy said uncle Dean liked pie too."

"Yeah, Bee, we can make pie." I smiled weakly. I hadn't made pie since before Dean died, but I knew we had all the ingredients.
It took us a while to make the pie, before I slipped it in the oven and we were mid clean-up when the boys got back.

"Dad!" Bee screeched, running over to him. Cas picked her up with ease and and Jack gave me a tired smile. I cleaned my hands and went over to him, pulling him into a hug.

"How was the hunt?" I asked and he broke the hug.

"Tiring." Jack replied, looking around the kitchen.

"Sorry for the mess. Bee wanted to make pie." I laughed a little.
"Where's Sam?"

"He went straight to his room." Cas looked at me and I saw the worry in his eyes.

"I'll finish cleaning this up and I'll go and see him." Cas kissed my cheek.

"Ew." Bee yelled, causing Jack to laugh.

"Jack, why don't you take Bee out?Go and get milkshakes from the ice cream parlour?" Cas spoke and the girl clapped her hands excitedly.

"Do you need anything?" Jack looked at me, but I shook my head, watching as they disappeared.

"She missed you guys, wouldn't stop talking about you." I turned back to cleaning, the timer for the pie going off. I turned, but Cas had beaten me to it, placing it on the counter.
"Sam?"

"He's been quiet." Cas looked at me.
"He didn't sleep or eat all that much, he just drank." I nodded my head, washing my hands once more.
"And there's something else. Jack thinks he got hurt, but he insisted he was fine."

"I'll go now." Cas leaned down and kissed me softly and I kissed him back.
Over the years, Jack had really grown up, taking the role of 'big brother' very seriously. Thanks to an anti-aging spell from Rowena, I wasn't growing up anymore anytime soon.
Sam on the other hand, the past 5 years had been hard on him and it showed. His hair was turning grey, his beard was scruffy and there were always bags under his eyes.
"Hey Sammy." I stood in his bedroom doorway, my heart breaking when he looked up at me with those sad eyes.

"Y/N." He smiled momentarily and I moved to sit next to him, taking his large hand in my much smaller one.
"How's Bee?"

"She missed you, Jack has just taken her out for a milkshake." He nodded his head and I sighed. We fell silent for a few moments and Sam let out a sniffle.

"I miss him, Y/N." Sam's voice broke.
"Years ago, before we met you, before Jack was born, Dean said the words 'there ain't no me, if there ain't no you' and it was so stupid because I just thought he was being dramatic." He let out a shaky breath.
"Because every time one of us died, we came back, but he's not coming back this time. And I understand what he meant, I'm not me without him. I'll never be me again."

"Sammy, I miss him too-" he started coughing, bringing his hand up to his mouth. When he stopped there was blood on his lips and in the palm of his hand.
"Shit, Sam!" He lifted his shirt up, revealing a pretty nasty cut. He pushed me suddenly, something cold wrapping around my wrists and I looked at the iron holding me to the bed.
"Sam, let me go right now! Have you lost your mind? You're going to die!" He smiled weakly and nodded his head.

"Yeah, I know. Look after them, Y/N." I pulled against the chains as he laid down.

"Cas!" I screamed, pulling at the chains roughly.
"Cas!" The angel burst in and his eyes fell on Sam, then me. Tears burned my cheeks as I struggled weakly, but I knew it was too late to save him.