Chapter Eleven

Adonis sat next to his sisters bed as tears rushed out of his eyes and down his face

Adonis sat next to his sisters bed as tears rushed out of his eyes and down his face. He was alone in the room with her while she was heavily sedated. Bruises were spread over her body, and her face didn't look the same anymore. The scratches in her face told Adonis that she must've fought for her life. Looking at Paisley in her condition broke his heart.

"I got you, Paisley. Everything's gonna be okay." Adonis rubbed her hand. The room was silent, except for the beeping machine's. She was found alive and he was grateful for that. He wanted to know what sick bastard would do such a thing to a fifteen year old. Paisley was just fourteen when she went missing but her birthday had passed over the summer. They didn't celebrate anything because they refused to do anything without her.

Adonis examined the long scratch that went across the left side of her face. Why didn't they just let her go?

His parents went home to get some rest since they were up all night. He promised them that Paisley would be safe with him. Adonis wasn't going to leave her side. A light tap on the room door caught his attention. He only glanced, letting out a sigh, not saying anything.

Madison stood there awkwardly for a moment, "I just came by to see how she was doing and I bought her a gift."

Adonis still didn't say anything to her. He watched as Madison hesitantly walk towards the other side of the bed, placing the balloons down where Paisley's other gifts were. She wasn't the first from school to visit. His mother allowed them to see her only if they showed their school ID.

Madison stood there awkwardly as she stared at Paisley. She still couldn't believe that they had found her. She didn't know Paisley because she attended an all girls private school. She'd only seen her a couple of times because some of the students at Madison's school knew Paisley and Adonis.

"Tyrell and I found her." Madison started.

"I'm aware of that." Adonis finally spoke with a bit of annoyance in his voice.

"When I first saw her, I thought it wasn't real."

Adonis shook his head, "Madison, if that's all you needed to do is drop her gift off then leave, please. Now is not the time."

Madison only nodded her head in understanding, "I'm just glad she's okay."

Adonis didn't mean to be rude to her but all in one day he'd become stressed and a lot of things were on his mind. Before Madison could step out of the door, her eyes met with Ember. She looked back and forth between the two and frowned. Ember had no clue about Paisley being found until Namiko filled her in. She felt so bad that she went by Adonis's house. His father told her where Adonis was and gave her the number to Paisley's room. Namiko gave her a ride there and was currently in the waiting room.