"THE GRINCH HAS ARRIVED"

(gia)busan, south koreachristmas break

(gia)
busan, south korea
christmas break

"jimin, i'm nervous." my palms were extremely sweaty and i didn't know what to do with them as we stood at the door to his aunts front door.

"don't be, they'll love you."

"i wasn't expecting christmas to roll around here so quickly." i admitted. it seemed like it was thanksgiving yesterday. jimin was about to say something else until the door swung open to reveal a younger female about my age.

"this must be your girlfriend." the girl spoke in korean so therefore i didn't understand.

"no she's my fiancé, sunya." jimin also spoke in korean towards the young girl and i watched her eyes trail down to my left hand as she gasped.

"congratulations!" she squealed in english.

"thank you." me and jimin said together.

"i'm sunya, jimin's cousin. he told us he had a girlfriend but never mentioned he proposed to you." she squinted her eyebrows at jimin after shaking my hand excitedly. "jimin likes to keep secrets."

"yeah he does." i rolled my eyes at my soon to be husband. i was surprised by her knowledge of english as well.

"come in, eomma is waiting to see you guys." she lead us into her home and jimin held firmly onto my hand, rubbing circles to calm me down.

we made our way to the living room where there were christmas decorations hung everywhere. the smell of freshly baked cookies came from the kitchen as a middle aged woman walked out with a glass pan in both her hands.

"jiminie! welcome home; happy holidays!" the women ran to embrace jimin in a hug but none of which i understood their conversation.

"thank you, aunty. happy holidays to you." jimin replied back in korean and i just stood there like a deer in headlights. "oh aunty this is my fiancé, gia." that part i understood considering he was switching back to english.

his aunt grinned at me and i was now noticing the resemblance between the three relatives. i saw sunya and jimin smirking from the corners of my eyes and it made me wonder why.

"beautiful." his aunt still had a warm smile on her face before yanking my arm towards the kitchen. causing me to yelp from the sudden pain, jimin and sunya gave me a thumbs up before i reached the kitchen. "meet?" i furrowed my eyebrows at the choice of her word. "meet jimin?" she asked.

i was now realizing she must not know much english and was asking me how i met jimin. i didn't really want to open up about how we met, does she even know what her nephew does for a living?