Part 3

(The Next Morning)

I got up to the smell of breakfast being made downstairs. I fixed my hair and went downstairs. My mom was cooking while Jackson and Payton were sitting at the table on their phones. I sat next to Jackson, which was right across from Payton. Payton looked up from his phone for a second and smirked at me. I rolled my eyes and tapped Jackson, since he had his headphones on.

"Morning Goof," Jackson said.

"Morning I said and Payton Chuckled.

"Y/N could you go get the chocolate chips out the pantry, Greyson wanted chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast," My mom asked and I nodded.

"Sure," I said, getting up and went into the pantry. I struggled to get them off the shelf, then heard the door close behind me seconds later and turned to meet Payton's eyes. Holy-

"Hi," he said with a smirk and leaned in. He put his hand flat on the wall behind me and I backed up.

"Payton I could've gotten the chocolate chips on my own," I said and he looked at my lips then back up at my eyes.

"I saw you struggling so I came to help," He said and grabbed the chocolate chips off the shelf.

"Thanks," I said as he passed them to me. He smiled and opened the door.

"Ladies first," Payton said and I quickly got out the pantry. What was he trying to do? I don't know but I need to try to avoid him. I went back to the kitchen and hand my mom the chocolate chips before sitting back down near Jackson. Jackson looked up at me and took one headphone off.

"You wanna come down to the lake with Me and Payton later?" Jackson asked.

"I guess," I said and he raised his eyebrow.

"What do you mean I guess?" He questioned.

"I was going to take care of the chickens because Austin owes me but the lake sounds my fun," I said as Payton came back and sat across from me.

"What do you mean Austin owes you?" My mom asked from the kitchen.

"It's his day but he wanted to go the movies with some friends so I Said I'd do for 30 bucks," I said and Payton Chuckled.

"I could help you before we go down to the lake," Payton said and I looked at him

"I'm fine," I said and looked down at the table to avoid his eye contact. Someone's foot brushed against mine and I looked up and Payton was smirking as Jackson went back on his phone. I shook my head and went into the kitchen.

"Need any help?" I asked.

"Could you bring this up to Grey?" My mom asked and handed me a plate.

"Ok," I said with a smile and took the plate upstairs. I knocked on Greyson's door as an arm wrapped around my waist. I jumped and looked over at Payton with a glare.

"Can you cut it out," I said and he stepped closer to me.

"Cut what out?" Payton asked and literally Greyson breakfast was standing between us.

"What's going on?" Greyson asked and I turned to Grey and pushed Payton away.

"Nothing, here's your breakfast," I said and passed him the plate before rushing to my room. Payton grabbed my hand and stopped me in the middle of the hallway.

"I really like you Y/N," He blurted out. Oh shit-

"Really?" I questioned and he nodded.

"Give me a chance," Payton said and I shook my head.

"No you're my brothers best friend and-" He cut me off.

"And it's wrong for us to be together?" Payton said and I squeezed his hand.

"I'm sorry, I can't be with my brothers best friend," I said and he sighed.

"Not even one chance?" He questioned and I nodded.

"It wouldn't be right," I said and let go of his hand. I went to my room and closed the door before sliding down it and put my head in my knees. It's not him being my brothers best friend that's the problem. I'm scared of loosing him if I did take a chance. I've never felt love from another person outside of my family in a long time and I'm scared to get hurt. I need to talk to someone about this but the only person who would understand if Jackson and I can't tell him that I really like his best friend. I sighed and put my head against the door. What am I going to do?