Part 7

Payton's POV

As Y/N fell asleep in my arms I just smiled and thought about what Jackson had said to me in the car and at the carnival.

"Dude do you like my sister?" Jackson mouthed to me as we were at a red light. I smiled and nodded before he turned back around and kept driving. Once we got to the carnival and bought our tickets Y/N looked nervous and I want to hold her to make her feel better.

"Have fun lover boy and don't hurt her," Jackson whispered to me and ran off. I intertwined our hands as she shouted for Jackson.

I looked down at her one more time before kissing her head and falling asleep.

(The Next Morning)
Y/N POV

When I woke up and Payton wasn't there. I sat up and stretched before looking around the room. My door opened and Payton came in with two bags and drinks from Dunkin.

"Good morning," Payton said and sat on my bed.

"I went with your mom to pick breakfast," Payton said and passed me a bag and an ice coffee.

"Thanks but where's Jackson?" I asked and looked at the time on my phone.

"Still sleeping," Payton said and took a sip of his coffee.

"You wanna go to the mall later?" Payton asked and I shook my head.

"I'm going out with Austin to pick up his car from the shop," I said and Payton nodded.

"Can we do something when you get back?" Payton asked and I shrugged.

"Maybe," I said and I took a sprinkled donut out the bag.

"That's mine," Payton said and I giggled and gave it to him. I took out the chocolate donut. We also had other stuff from Dunkin and talked for a little bit. Payton kept nagging me about going to to the mall and hanging out but I just really didn't want to go anywhere, after yesterday I just need a break from people. After a while Jackson came in and took Payton away.

"Payton c'mon Kyle got a new dirt bike for his birthday," Jackson said and pulled Payton's arm.

"Ok, ok bye Y/N," Payton said and left with Jackson. I laid back against my head board and sighed. I dozed off a bit and just kind of imagined what the summer would look like if Payton wasn't here. It would be the complete opposite to be honest. My thoughts were broken by a knock on my door.

"Come in," I said and hugged the pillow next to me. It smelled like Payton, I smiled into the pillow as the door opened. My mom walked in and I looked at her.

"All the boys are out if you want to come to the nail salon with me?" My mom said and I smiled.

"Sure," I said and she came over to me. She sat down and looked at me questionably.

"Does he treat you right?" My mom asked and I nodded.

"Payton is amazing but I just need a break," I said and she nodded.

"He just wants to get you out of your comfort zone and I've seen that smile again," My mom said.

"What smile?" I questioned.

"That smile that only happens when Jackson comes home and when you were with Sophie, I haven't seen that smile in almost two years," My mom said and I sighed.

"He's changing you, in a good way," She said and put her hand out next to me. When I was younger she would do this during thunderstorms to make sure I was ok. I put my hand on top of her and she intertwined our fingers. I looked at her and tears brimmed her eyes.

"You haven't done that since that day in the hospital," She said and I nodded.

"You said you did because you didn't want her to be alone," My mom Said and tears brimmed my eyes. I remember that day. I woke in the hospital after trying to drown myself in the Lake. Jackson found me and called an ambulance. My mom laid on my hospital and refused to leave until she felt my hand in hers. After that day I stopped being around everyone but my family. I only did it because the kids at school kept saying it was my fault Sophie was gone because she was with me when everything shut down on her. I sighed as my mom wiped my tears away.

"Let's go get out nails done and you can tell me more about Payton," She said and I nodded. My mom left my room and I got ready leave. While going downstairs my phone started ringing. I picked it up and met my mom in her car.

"Don't get mad," Payton said as soon as I picked up.

"What?" I questioned and my mom looked at me.

"I kinda sorta got you something and I know you told me not to bother with gifts but I think you're going to love this one," Payton said and I looked at my mom and shrugged

"Ok well I'm going out with my mom so I'll see you tonight," I said.

"Ok see you Later," Payton said and hung up the phone.

"That was cute," My mom said and I laughed.

"That's because he's cute," I said and we to the nail salon.