Part 13

Jackson parked his car by Kyle's house and we got out. Payton intertwined our hands and I squeezed his hand. He stopped walking and looked at me.

"Don't be scared I'll be by your side the entire time," Payton said and Jackson looked at us. He gave me a weak smile for second.

"Let's go," Jackson said, rushing us. We got up to the door and Jackson just opened the door and walked right in.

"Yo!" Jackson shouted and walked off, leaving Payton and I alone at the door.

"Payton Moormeier I didn't know you were in Florida," Some guy said, coming up to us.

"I'm here for the summer with Jackson," Payton said and let go of my hand. I awkwardly stood with Payton as he talked to this kid when I saw people looking at me from across the room. I recognized them, they were some of the kids that bullied me after Sophie died.

"Hey Y/N," Jenna said, walking past me to the guy Payton was talking to.

"Jared who's this," Jenna asked and I went Kinda hid behind Payton.

"He's an old friend," Jared said and I put my head on Payton's back.

"I'm Payton," He said, probably with his adorable smile.

"So who you here with?" Jenna asked and I just wanted this conversation to over already.

"Jackson and My girlfriend," Payton said and I smiled to myself.

"Where is she?" Jenna asked.

"Behind me," Payton said and pulled me around to see them. I looked down at the floor and Jenna Laughed.

"You're kidding, Y/N Felt is your girlfriend? She's never dated anyone," Jenna Laughed and Payton rolled his eyes with his arm around my waist.

"Whatever, Jared get me a drink," Jenna said and they walk off.

"Should we go find Jackson?" I asked and the music got louder.

"Let's get a shot first," Payton said and took my hand. Payton took me over to the bar and ordered two shots of something. He handed me one and I looked at him.

"Ready?" He questioned and I nodded. We drank our shots and I Cringed puting the glass down.

"What was that?" I asked and he smirked.

"Vodka," Payton said and took my hand.

"I told you nothing strong," I said and Payton shrugged.

"So what should we do now?" Payton asked.

"Can we go sit in the car?" I asked.

"No it's a party we should be having fun," Payton said and I sighed.

"Let's go dance," Payton said and I shook my head.

"No, I think I'm just gonna go in the car," I said and let go of his hand.

"I'm gonna go find Jackson," Payton said with a sigh and leaned into kissing me. I moved and he kissed my cheek instead.

"I'll see you later," I said and turned to leave. I left the house that was quickly filling up with people I knew. I kept my head down and went to Jackson's
Car. He gave me the keys before running off. I got in the back seat and looked up at the house and sighed.

"Sophie what am I doing?" I said to myself with a sigh.

"I shouldn't be here," I sighed and took out my phone. I laid down in the back seat and scrolled through TikTok for awhile. After awhile I sat up and looked at the time, 9:30.

"Have I really been laying in here for three hours?" I questioned and looked at the house. Colorful flashing lights from the first floor and some bedroom lights on upstairs. I sighed and got out the car. I hooked Jackson's keys to my belt loop and went inside to find Payton or Jackson. I pushed myself through the small crowd of people and went over to the bar. I sat there and looked around hoping to see either one of them.

"Oh My God Payton we should hang out some time," I heard Jenna's voice from the corner of the room.

"Jenna I told you I have a girlfriend a couple of hours ago, you seem nice but No thanks," Payton said and I looked towards where they were. Payton walked away from Jenna and she caught my eye. She gave me a dirty look before Another guy walked up to her. Payton walked passed me not noticing I was there and I got up to follow him. I caught up to him as he stopped walking.

"Dude Payton how's things?" Some guy asked.

"Good, Have you seen Jackson?" Payton asked. I stood near by trying not to be seen.

"Last time I saw him, him and Angie went upstairs," The guy said.

"Cool Thanks," Payton said before turning to go upstairs. He didn't see me again and I continued to follow him.

"Jackson?!" Payton shouted as we made it up the stairs. I still don't know how he hasn't noticed me.

"Payton knocked on a door for looked at me from the corner of his eye. He turned his head completely towards me and smiled.

"How long have you been there?" He asked as the door open. Revealing a half naked girl. She was in a tank top and her underwear oh God please help me right now.

"Sorry to interrupt but have you seen Jackson Felt?" Payton asked.

"He's busy," She said and I got a good look at her face. Angela Thomas? Oh God is my brother sleeping with her? GROSS!

"Nevermind," Payton said and Angie closed the door. Payton came over to me and smiled.

"When did you come back in?" Payton and and took my hands in his.

"Fifteen minutes ago I think, I was coming to look for you or Jackson," I said and he smiled again.

"Well you found me and I found Jackson so how about we just get out of here," Payton said and let go of one of my hands to drag me downstairs. We got into Jackson's car and I passed Payton the keys. We didn't worry about Jackson since Angie was Kyle's little sister which meant the only stupid thing he's doing tonight is her.

"You wanna just go home and watch movies?" Payton asked and I nodded.

"Yep," I said and looked out the window as we drove away from the house. Payton put his hand on my thigh and drew circles on my inner thigh as he drove. I smiled and tried not to pay attention to it. Once we got home we went up to my room and I showered before cuddling up with Payton to watch a movie he chose.