Part 6

(The 4th of July)

I woke up around 8:30 and went out to the backyards to sit by the pool. I sat on one of the chairs in the far corner of the Yard. I checked my phone for a bit till The back door open. I looked over and Payton came outside. He didn't look at me and just walked towards the pool. He fell in and I jumped from my seat.

"Payton!" I shouted and ran over to the pool. Payton came up from under water as I kneeled by the pool.

"Morning," He said with a smile and brushed his hair back with his hand. I shook my head and smiled back.

"You're ridiculous," I said and he chuckled.

"Come in and Join me, the waters great," Payton said and I shook my head while smiling.

"Payton it's nine am," I said and he smiled.

"So what do I have to do to get my beautiful girlfriend into the pool with me," Payton said Girlfriend?! Did he really just call me his girlfriend?!.

"I'm gonna go back to my corner now," I said and got up. I was Probably blushing so hard.

"C'mon you won't come to the carnival with us and I just want to spend some time with you," Payton said and I sat up on the chair.

"Then skip to Carnival with me and we can stay here and watch the fireworks from the roof," I said and he smiled.

"That sounds nice but I really want to go to the Carnival and ride the ferris wheel with you and get stuck at the top when the fireworks pop off, Then I'd kiss you," Payton said and I giggled at how cheesey that sounded.

"I know cheesey but I want our first date to be cheesey," He said and I smiled.

"Ok, I'll go to the Carnival with you and the others tonight," I agreed and He hurried out the pool and ran over to me. He leaned forward to kiss me quickly and managed to get water all over me. I giggled as he sat on the chair next to me. We talked for a bit then went inside after Payton dried off a bit. Later in the day Payton, Jackson and I got into Jackson's car and picked up another one of Jackson's friends. I sat in the front with Jackson as Payton sat in the back with Kyle.

"Y/N?" Payton questioned, breaking the silence in the car.

"Yeah?" I said and continued to look out the window.

"Want me to win you something when we get there," Payton said cutely and Jackson laughed.

"Dude you made her blush," Jackson said with a laugh and Payton chuckled.

"I'll try my hardest to win you something," Payton said with a cute smile and we stopped at a red light. Jackson looked back at Payton, who was sitting behind me. Kyle was being really quiet the entire ride but I didn't really care. Jackson mouthed something to Payton before the light turned green. I kept my attention out the window watching the early fire works go off. Once we pulled up at the Carnival we all got out the car and Jackson's other friends were standing in the line to get our wrist bands so we could ride whatever ride we wanted to. Once we got into the Carnival Jackson whispered something to Payton then left us alone by the front gate.

"Jackson?!" I questioned and Payton intertwined our hands.

"Don't worry I'm still here," Payton said and kissed my cheek before we walked into the crowd. We went over to the balloons and darts game and Payton played two rounds and won me a stuffed koala. He wrapped his arm around my shoulders as we walked over to another ride. After a couple of hours of running around the Carnival and joking around we went over to the ferris wheel and waited in line. The fireworks were going to go off any minute now and we were almost at the top of the ferris wheel. I looked out at the view in awe when Payton came closer to me. I looked at him and smiled.

"Did you have fun today?" Payton asked and I nodded.

"I did but I wish we could find my brother," I said and Payton nodded.

"We'll go look for him after this," He said and a firework popped off. Payton smiled before pulling me closer to him. I looked into his eyes for a second before kissing him. He kissed back as more fire works went off behind us. I smiled into the kiss and he did too. Payton really is something else, I'm happy to have him. As we pulled away more fire works kept going off and the ferris wheel went back down. I put my head on Payton's shoulder and watched the rest of the fire works as we went back down on the ground. Once we got off the ferris wheel we walked towards the entrance of Carnival and found Jackson and Kyle playing the basketball game.

"Hey," I said and let go of Payton's hand.

"There you two are," Jackson said as Kyle finished playing the game. He won a giant stuffed dinosaur.

"What am I supposed to do with this thing?" Kyle questioned and came over to us.

"So it's getting late and the others already took off so maybe we should head home?" Payton said and Jackson nodded.

"I'm getting pretty tired too so Payton you're driving," Jackson said and threw Payton his keys.

"Ok, let's go then," Payton said and looked at me for a second. I smiled and looked down at the ground. On the drive home Jackson sat in the back with Kyle as I sat in the front with Payton. We dropped off Kyle and Jackson fell asleep while we were driving home.

"So was that considered our first date?" Payton asked.

"Since Jackson ditched us once we got there I'm gonna say yes," I said and Payton smiled.

"I had fun," Payton said and I nodded.

"Me too," I said as we pulled up to the house.  Payton parked in the driveway and we got out the car. I went around the car to wake up Jackson.

"Jackson," I said and shook him awake.

"What?" He groaned.

"We're home," I said and Jackson got out the car slowly. He walked into the house, looking like a zombie as Payton and I followed him. Jackson went into the living room and feel onto the couch. I laughed and as Payton locked the door.

"Mom we're back," I shouted and the back door opened.

"We're by the fire pit if you two want to join us," My mom said and I shook my head.

"I'm tired," I said and she smiled.

"Ok, cute koala," she said and I went upstairs. Payton followed me upstairs and I went into my room. I laid back on my bed and held the koala on my chest. Payton smiled at me from door.

"I'm gonna name him Lucas," I said and he shook his head.

"So you're gonna cuddle with Lucas but not me," Payton said and came over to me after closing the door.

"I sat up and put Lucas down. Payton got onto my bed and I held my arms open.

"Cuddles," I said and he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me on top of him as he laid down. I smiled, laying my head on his chest.

"We need to tell Jackson," I said and he nodded.

"I know but can we just enjoy this first," Payton said and kissed my head. I smiled and yawned. My eyes started to get heavy as I just listened to Payton's heart beat. I fell asleep after a couple more minutes of silence from the both of us.

A/N:

Hope you had a good 4th of July if you celebrate it