Chapter Seven

Ryan and I had been walking for a good few hours. I thought I'd be feeling nervous getting closer to the pack but instead I feel excited. 

"What's going on in that evil little head of yours?" Ryan asked with a laugh. I chuckled.

"Nothing." I stuck my tongue out at him. I can't let him know. He'd only try and stop me. I heard laughing and I looked ahead to see children playing. We're here. I stopped walking and Ryan looked back at me. 

"This is as far as I'm going to go." I told him and he nodded in understanding. I turned to find a tree to sit in but he grabbed my hand gently. I looked at him.

"Please don't run off during the night." He looked like he was begging. I simply nodded. He smiled brightly and jogged into the territory. I hope this doesn't turn out to be a really bad idea.

I look around my immediate area and find a sturdy tree. I climb up and make myself comfortable. I sit and watch the pack members go about their business until the sun set and I'm left in the dark. I can still see fine though. I look into the familiar pack house and see dozens of wolves sitting down for dinner. My stomach growled loudly. It's been a few days since I last ate. I'll find something later. I laid back on the thick branch and soon fell asleep.

I woke up to the sun on my face and someone calling my name.

"Jack?" It was Ryan. I jumped down off the branch. Ryan let out a loud yell when I landed in front of him. 

"Aww did I scare the big, bad Beta?" I teased and ruffled his hair. He pouted.

"No. I just wasn't expecting you." He crossed his arms over his chest. I just laughed and pat his head. 

"So what's on the agenda for today?" I asked. 

"I've got to help train the fighters. I just came out here to warn you think Damien is going to be around soon to train them as well." I could hear the concern in his voice. I waved it away with my hand.

"I'll be fine. I promise." I told him. 

"Ok. He'll be out here in a couple of minutes. I should go and get ready." He said before turning and walking back to the territory. I sat on the grass and watched as a dozen or so guys started gathering. They were just chatting. The talking stopped when a new figure entered my vision. He looked exactly as I remembered him. Tall, toned, dark blonde hair, sharp features. Except his eyes were different. They had dark circles under them and his coffee brown eyes looked dead. There's nothing there. His scent reached my nose and it felt like my heart stopped. 

Jordan? Why is his scent doing that? I asked my wolf.

You could never smell him properly before you shifted. Now you have and you get the full force of it. Looks like the mate link wasn't completely broken after all. My breathing caught in my throat. Not broken? I scowled. I hate him. I don't want him. He didn't want me. I hate him. My eyes widened as he peeled off his shirt. I tore my eyes away from his sculpted chest. He doesn't deserve my lust. 

You don't have to love someone to be attracted to them. Hating them is just fine. Jordan reminded me. She's always right. I looked back at him as they started exercising. 

Now that I've actually seen him, I'm happy to say that he's gorgeous. Jordan purred in my mind. I sat up straight. Excuse me? 

Since when do you purr? I asked.

Since there's a chance he could rock our world. I gagged. I felt like I was going to be sick. That is never going to happen. He is never touching me. I'd rather die. Again. 

If you hate it so much then why are you still staring? I shut my eyes and looked away. I hate my wolf sometimes. I ripped up the grass around me to avoid looking at Damien. Jordan keeps going on and on about how she wants to jump his bones. I eventually block her out. I don't want to hear it anymore. Thank god training was soon finished. The group dispersed and Ryan came over to me. He was shirtless and sweaty. I stood up as he approached. 

"Want a hug?" He asked with an evil smirk. My eyes widened.

"Ryan you better fucking not. Don't you dare." I said quickly as I backed up. He ran towards me before I could react and pulled me into a hug.

"Eww!" I exclaimed. I shoved him off of me. I felt so grossed out. He just laughed at me. 

"There's a lake that way if you want to wash my stink off." He told me as he pointed to my right. I stuck my middle finger up at him. I grabbed my bag and started heading towards the lake. When I arrived I stripped down to nothing and walked in. The water was cool and I welcomed it. I scrubbed my body until I was satisfied that I didn't stink of Ryan. I decided to just chill there for a few minutes. As soon as I closed my eyes I saw Damien. Shirtless. My eyes snapped open and I shook my head to clear him out. I got out of the lake and pulled on black jeans, a random black t-shirt and my boots. I shoved my jacket into my bag and went back to the pack. I got back to my tree to find Ryan there.

"The neighbouring Alpha is coming soon. He'll be coming this way so you should probably make yourself scarce for a little bit." He warned me. I nodded and hugged him. I watched him walk away and scaled up the tree. I'm not going anywhere.

Time for trouble.