Chapter Twenty-Two

I wasted no time. I ran upstairs and quickly got changed and ran back down to where Dylan and the fighter was. 

"Jack let me come with you." Dylan begged. I quickly shook my head.

"You're staying here. I'm leaving you in charge of the pack. You're close friends with Damien so you've got the basic idea on what to do. I don't know how long this will take." I told him. He sighed and nodded.

"What about me?" The fighter asked. I turned to him.

"I want you to lead me to the last place you saw them and then I want you to come back here." I instructed.

"What? No! I can help you." He argued. 

"I said no." I growled, using my power as Luna to make him obey. I was doing this alone. No one is going to die because of Thomas.

"Let's go." I grabbed the fighter's shirt and we left the pack house. I let go as we started running. We ran into the forest as fast as we could. It took 15 minutes for me to start smelling blood. We came to a stop in a clearing. There were dead rogues strewn around. Luckily none of our wolves were dead. 

"This is where I saw them last. I'm not sure which way they went." The fighter told me softly.

"That's ok. I'll find something. Thank you for bringing me here." He bowed his head politely before running out of the clearing. If Thomas took Ryan and Damien then he must have a house somewhere. That's if he hasn't killed them yet. I shook my head to get rid of the thought. I would have felt it if they died. 

Sniff the rogues. Maybe you can follow the scent. Jordan suggested. I walked to the nearest rogue and took a whiff. Just smells like a rogue. I went to each and every body until I found one that also had Thomas' scent. I took it in as much as I could. I stood up and lifted my nose in the air. I scowled when I found the scent trail. It was incredibly faint but it was there. I started running, weaving in and out of the trees. I followed the scent for an hour before I dropped to my knees in agony. I put my hand up to where my mark was. It was wet. I looked at my hand and saw blood. Another wave of pain washed through me. I grit my teeth and took it. 

Jordan? Did he just die? I asked, afraid of the answer.

No. His mark was broken but he's alive. I sighed with relief. He's not okay but he's alive. That's the main thing. I got back on my feet and started running again. Another hour passed and a house came into view. I quickly hid behind a tree. It was rundown but it stank of Thomas. He's definitely here. 

Damien? I waited for a response. Nothing. Maybe he's unconscious? My heart stopped when I heard a low, male scream come from within the house. 

Ryan? I could hear the panic in my voice. Again, no answer. I couldn't see any rogues around. Were they all killed fighting the pack wolves? I ran towards the house and slowly pushed open the front door. It was dead silent. I stepped inside, looking around me. I took a few more steps and let out a yelp of surprise when a hand wrapped around my mouth. I felt something cold and sharp against my throat.

"Jack. You made it. I'm so glad." Thomas' voice was right in my ear. He nudged me forward and we started walking. He led me to a door and he kicked it open. The smell of blood hit me like a truck. It was mingled in with the scent of Ryan and Damien. We walked down the stairs into the basement. Tears sprang to my eyes when I saw the state my boys were in. Ryan's head was hanging down with blood dripping out of his mouth. He had a silver knife lodged in his stomach along with countess cuts along his arms and legs. He was covered in dark bruises. I looked at Damien and my heart stopped. His head was back and I could see that he was awake, but barely. He was panting. He was covered in blood with injuries similar Ryan's. He had a silver knife stuck into each of his thighs. I looked at his mark to see that it had been slashed open.

"Jack..." His voice was weak. 

"As you can see, we've been having a whole lot of fun while we waited for you." Thomas said, I can hear the glee in his voice. 

"What do you want?" I asked him, swallowing the lump in my throat. The blade was digging into my skin. 

"What I've always wanted. You to be mine." He whispered in my ear. I took a deep breath.

"If I stay, will you let them go?" I couldn't get the words out without my voice shaking. 

"Of course. I promise." He pushed the hair away from my shoulder and I shut my eyes when I felt him kiss my neck. I took in a shaky breath. 

"Ok. I'll stay."