Chapter Eighteen

I sat on my bed in the dark. I had been crying. I feel terrible. I feel like I've lost him. Ryan tried to talk to me when I got home without Damien but I just told him I was tired and went to my room. I haven't slept. It's almost 3am and Damien still isn't home. I can't sleep. I need to apologise. My breath caught in my throat when I heard someone walk by my room. I recognised those footsteps. I heard Damien's door close. I quickly left my room and walked to his door. I knocked and waited. It took a few seconds but the door was pulled open. 

"Yes?" Damien asked, his eyes void of any emotion. I took a step forward and wrapped my arms around his neck. He didn't make a move to hug me back. 

"I'm sorry." He gently pushed me off of him.

"You can't keep doing this. You can't keep doing things to mess with me and then apologising. I can't take it anymore." He told me with a sigh. I hung my head. 

"It's probably best if you go back to your room." My bottom lip trembled. I felt like crying. I simply nodded and turned away. I heard the door close behind me. I leant against the wall by his door and slid down to the floor. I just sat there crying quietly. I sat there for a few minutes before deciding that enough is enough. I stood up and wiped my tears away. I opened his door and walked inside. He was standing by his window, looking out into the night. He turned to me when he heard the door. 

"Jack. Just go." He sighed. I ignored him. I walked up to him and looked into his eyes. Before I could chicken out, I grabbed his shirt with both hands and pulled him down, crashing my lips to his. Any sparks I felt from touching were nothing compared to this. This felt like fireworks. His hands found my waist and he kissed me back gently. He groaned as he pulled me against him. I walked back until I felt the bed hit the back of my knees. I laid down, pulling him with me. He straddled my waist as the kiss grew rougher. He pulled back from the kiss to take his shirt off and toss it on to the floor. He came back down to me and I wrapped my arms around his strong torso. I felt his lips on my jaw and travelling down my neck. I let out a low moan when he got to the junction where my shoulder met my neck.

"Can I?" His breath was hot against my skin. I quickly nodded, not trusting my voice. He gave my skin one last kiss before sinking his teeth in. My nails dug into his back as the pain melted into ecstasy. He pulled his teeth out and licked the wound clean. I surprised him by flipping us over so that I was on top and straddling him. 

"My turn." I grabbed his face and our lips met once again. He sat us up and held on to me tightly as we kissed. Why did I put this off for so long? I gasped when his hands slipped under my shirt and up my back. I gently tilted his head and kissed his neck. 

"Ready?" He nodded. His grip on me tightened as I bit into him. His blood was almost sweet. I stopped and licked his new mark. His body shuddered. I rested my forehead against his.

"I'm sorry. For everything." I whispered. He shushed me and we laid down. I underestimated how tired marking would make me. I felt his hand running through my hair as he held me close to him. I quickly fell asleep in the arms of my mate.