Chapter Twenty-One

DAMIEN'S POV

I groaned at the pounding in my head. 

"Damien!" My eyes snapped open when I heard a frantic voice. I quickly looked around. I'm in some kind of basement. I looked in front of me and I saw Ryan tied to one of the poles that holds up the roof. I tried to move but found that I was tied to one as well. 

"Where are we?" I asked him.

"I don't know. What do you remember?" I furrowed my eyebrows. 

"Rogues. We were fighting and then it goes black." I told him.

"That's what I remember." My eyes widened when I remembered something.

"Jack! Oh my god! I hope she's ok!" My heart raced at the thought of my beautiful mate being hurt. She gave me such a hard time when she first came back but my god, it was worth it. 

"I'm sure she's fine. You would have felt if something happened to her." Ryan said and I calmed down a little bit.

"Y'know... again." He added and I narrowed my eyes at him. We looked over as we heard the door open. A man walked in and he looked vaguely familiar but I couldn't place him.

"Good evening, boys. Good to see you're awake." He said with a grin. I growled at him and pulled against the rope that was holding me. He squat down in front of me.

"You may as well stop trying. It's got silver in it." He pat my cheek and I growled even louder. How dare he touch me! He stood up and walked over to Ryan.

"You're Thomas." Ryan said as he looked up at the man. Thomas? He attacked Jack a month ago. I knew I recognised him. 

"Why are you doing this?" Ryan asked. Thomas raised an eyebrow.

"Are you serious? Are you really that thick?" He asked, almost in disbelief. He turned and pointed to me.

"You. Why do you think you're here?" I growled again, baring my sharpened canines.

"You want Jack." I said through gritted teeth.

"Ding ding ding!" Thomas laughed. He leant against the basement wall and crossed his arms over his chest. He sighed.

"She's the perfect woman. She's beautiful, deadly and powerful. Incredibly sexy too. You would know, you've seen her naked." He said with a glance at me. I could hear my wolf snarling and snapping in my head. 

He does not get to talk about our mate that way! He screamed. 

"Ohh she would make a wonderful mate. Imagining her carrying my pups. It's enough to get the heart racing." He had a look of bliss on his face. My wrists were really starting to burn from my struggling against the rope. Thomas laughed. 

"When she comes she'll be all mine." He sighed. Ryan growled at him. 

"She won't come. She's not that stupid." He spat. Thomas looked him in the eye.

"I think you underestimate how much she cares about you two. She would kill and be killed for you. I mean, she's done it before." He sent a glare my way. He turned on his heel and left the basement, slamming the door behind him. 

"Do you think she'll actually come?" Ryan asked me. I nodded. I have no doubt that she will. She's going to get herself killed.