Chapter Nine

I was leaning against the door inside of Damien's room. Mostly so he can't run. Ryan had carried him inside and put him in his bed. Now we were just waiting for him to wake up. 

"Heart of a lion." Ryan muttered at his passed out Alpha. I laughed gently. I saw his eyes flutter open and he looked at Ryan.

"Ryan? I just had the most fucked dream." His voice was groggy as he sat up. Ryan cleared his throat and jerked his head towards me. Damien looked in my direction.

"It wasn't a dream." He whispered with wide eyes. I shook my head. 

"How are you alive?" He asked. I scoffed.

"Fuck you that's how." I spat. He looked taken aback. He looked at Ryan.

"Are you sure that's her? She's so different." He asked quietly. I growled and his head snapped to me again.

"Did you just growl? How did you growl?" He asked quickly. He jumped out of bed and raced to me. He grabbed my hands, sparks flying.

"How are you growling?" I pulled my hands from his and shoved him back. It took him a second to regain his balance. His eyes narrowed and he growled at me.

"You will not do that again. I am the Alpha. You will respect me." The tone of his voice was deadly. I crossed my arms over my chest and laughed cold. 

"You're not my Alpha. You're just the asshole that rejected me for shallow reasons." I opened the door and stormed out. I felt Damien grab my arm. I didn't even think twice before I punched him square in the nose. His hands flew to his face and I continue my storming down the stairs. I heard running and I was quickly tackled to the ground. Damien pinned me down and growled loudly in my face, baring his canines. His eyes turned amber, his wolf right on the surface. 

"You will submit and treat me with respect!" He yelled. I could hear a crowd starting to gather. 

"Fuck you!" I screamed back. His growl got louder. He was trying to use his power an an Alpha to get me to submit. Now that made me furious. I bared my own canines and growled right back. I could hear gasps from the crowd. Refusing to submit to an Alpha could be a death sentence. The intensity of my growl distracted him for a split second and I used it to flip him so he was the one being pinned. I brought my face really close to his.

"I will not be controlled by some pathetic Alpha who refuses to accept his mate even though she was nothing but kind and caring towards him. Now that girl is dead and you get to deal with me." I said in a dangerously low voice. His eyes widened. I felt arms go around my waist and I was pulled off of him by Ryan. We pushed through the crowd and went upstairs until we found his room and went in. I suddenly let out a yell and punched the wall, my fist going right through it. 

"Jesus, Jack. I just got that painted." Ryan whined. He led me over to the bed and we laid down. I was still fuming. 

"I can't believe you stood up to the Alpha. In front of his pack." He breathed out. I grinned.

"Good. I hope they see him differently." Ryan propped himself up on his elbow and turned to me. 

"Differently? Are you trying to belittle him?" He asked.

"Yes. I want him to break." I seethed. He broke me. He completely destroyed me. Now it's his turn.