Chapter Fourteen

I was frozen. He stepped into the territory and approached me. He ran his calloused fingers down my cheek. I wanted to vomit. 

"You're so beautiful." He whispered. I was close to panicking. How'd he find me? I was so careful.  Constantly looking over my shoulder and covering my tracks. 

"How?" I was breathless. I was terrified. He chuckled.

"I was walking by the territory and I got a whiff of this magnificent scent. Now I don't know what you smell like but the power that I felt, I knew it had to be you. I was right." He tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. His blue eyes sparkled. Whether it was delight or pure evil I couldn't tell you. His brown hair was an absolute mess. He was 6'4" so he was bending down to look me in the eye. He's only 23 so he has heaps of time to go and find his true mate but for some reason he's hellbent on having me. 

"I want you to come with me." He said. I quickly shook my head.

"I'm never going to be with you." I said, my voice trembling. He just laughed.

"I know that your brother is in this pack. It'd be a terrible shame if something were to happen to him." He threatened. I narrowed my eyes. It's one thing to torture me but threaten my brother? I growled.

"You're not touching him." He just laughed at me.

"Then come with me and he'll be fine." I was angry. My body was shaking. Jordan was snarling in my head. I felt my eyes turn green. I'd managed to keep them hidden. Only Ryan has seen them. Thomas was taken surprised for a second before he grinned. 

"I knew you were something special." He grabbed my arm and started pulling me towards the border. I yanked my arm out of his grip.

"I'm not going anywhere." I seethed. He growled at me.

"Yes you are." He tried to grab me again but I jumped back.

"Don't make me force you." I let out my claws and bared my teeth. He shifted into his light brown wolf and growled loudly at me. I could hear movement in the pack house. 

"Jack!" I looked back to see Ryan looking panicked. Damien was right behind him. Thomas took that moment of distraction to leap at me. I fell down with a yell. I held his head back as he snapped at my face. I looked back at the boys to see Ryan holding Damien back. I got my legs up and managed to kick Thomas off of me. I quickly got to my feet. He shifted back. 

"Come on. We can leave now and I'll forget this ever happened." He offered. I just growled loudly. 

"Fine then." He turned his attention to Ryan and shift. He started sprinting towards him. 

"Ryan!" I screamed. I instantly shifted and ran after him. I caught up and jumped on him. I grabbed the back of his neck with my teeth and threw him to the side. He landed on the ground, hard. He got to his feet. He saw my size and hesitated. I took the chance. I knocked him on to his back and wrapped my teeth around his throat, biting down. I tasted his blood and he started to struggle. I felt his back claws sinking into my stomach. He kicked me off and got up with a growl. We ran at each other, our chests crashing together. He managed to head-but me and I got dizzy. I took a few steps back. He turned and ran out of the territory as fast as he could. By the time my head had stopped spinning he was gone. I laid down on the ground, feeling defeated. 

"Jack." I looked over to see Ryan standing nearby holding a shirt out to me. I took it and shift back, pulling it on. 

"Who was he?" He asked. I just shook my head, not wanting to talk about it. I walked towards the pack house and past an awestruck Damien. I went straight to my room and fell into bed. I started to cry and I didn't stop until I feel asleep.

It was dark out when I woke up. I had had a nightmare. I was back under Thomas' control. I felt my cheeks and found that I was crying. I felt so alone. I got out of bed and left my room. I walked until I found the door I wanted. I lifted my hand to open it but I hesitated. I took a deep breath and pushed it open. He was asleep. I walked in and shut the door behind me. I stood next to the bed and just watched him for a few minutes. He looked so peaceful. I gently climbed into bed and laid next to him. He stirred in his sleep and opened his eyes. 

"Jack?" His voice was groggy from sleep. I nodded. His arm slowly crept across my stomach. When he saw that I wasn't pushing him away he pulled me against him, his nose in my neck.

"Goodnight, Damien."