Chapter 24 *LONG CHAPTER*

It's been a while since Kakashi and I talked. He's been doing awful. My dad thought it was better for him to protect my mom. Recently, Kakashi has gone on a killing spread. I was appointed captain of my Anbu team. "Mina, it's time for you to leave." I grabbed my stuff and headed out. "Mina here's your Anbu mask. I placed it on and hugged her. "Thank you, mom." In the village gate was Kakashi waiting for me. "What are you doing here Kakashi?" "Did you forget that I'm the Vice-captain and plus I have to go with you. If you read the mission report carefully, you would see that it says I have to go with you." I rolled my eyes and walked away. We continued to walk. It was full of awkward silence. We arrived at the mission spot. "What do we do here? There's nothing here." "We have to disable traps that a spy placed." We began to disable all the traps. I turned around and see a kunai flying at Kakashi. "Kakashi look out!!" He quickly turned and his mask was cut in half.

 "Kakashi look out!!" He quickly turned and his mask was cut in half

I quickly ran to him and check if he was hurt. I grabbed his face and examed it. "Are you okay?" "Yeah." I helped him up but he ended pulling me back to him. I closed my eyes and felt a mask-like texture on my lips. I slowly opened my eyes to see Kakashi eyes wide open. I got up and looked away. I felt my face burning up. I probably look like a tomato.

Kakashi P.O.V

Mina extended her hand to me. I was getting up when I slipped. Mina also came down with me. She landed on top of me. I felt her soft lips touching mine. At that moment, my feelings for Mina were clear. I really did like her. She stood up quickly and turned around. "Mina, I'm sorry..." "Kakashi, let's just finish the job." We continued to disable the traps. "Mina that's all the traps. We can go home now." She stared at the sky for a bit. I took her hand and walked.

"Let go of me!" "No!" I tightly squeezed her hand a bit more

"Let go of me!" "No!" I tightly squeezed her hand a bit more. "Mina let's leave everything behind us. I'm sorry for what I said that other day in the hospital. I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to hurt you." "Well, you did. I was only trying to help you." "I know but that day I didn't feel like being lectured." "You could've told me that. I wouldn't have told you anything. You have to be careful what you say." I hugged her tightly. "I'm sorry Mina, please forgive me." "I forgive you." We headed back to the village. We laughed and caught up. "I forgot to tell you happy birthday Kakashi. I know I'm late... Sorry." "Dont worry. You left on a mission plus I wasn't alone. Your parents made me a cake and my favorite food. They through me the best birthday ever." We arrived in the village. "I have to go Kakashi. I'll talk to you later. I have to report in."