one

tatum

"okay, you guys know the drill" corey says as i pull up to an empty gas pump.

"please hurry up, you come out without my gummy worms and i swear to god i will kill you" i tell them as they both pull their hoods up from the back of their sweatshirts, exiting the car

pretty much every night of summer me, kermit, and corey steal from this gas station and i have no idea how the people working their can be so clueless.

it's simple, there is always two people working past the 11:00 pm mark. it's either avery who is this junior at our school, she has the biggest crush on corey, or its mike, this creepy old guy.

if it's mike, i go in and stall while kermit grabs everything and shoves it all in his pockets, vice verse for avery and corey goes in and distracts her.

i cant beileve we haven't gotten caught yet, like all they have to do was look at the cameras one time to be able to see its kermit, he doesn't even try to hide it anymore as he's convinced the cameras are just for show, which could be very much true.

"shit shit shit go go go!" i hear kermit yell, causing my head to snap up and stick the keys into the ignition.

"fucking go tate!" corey says slamming the passenger door closed.

"i'm fucking trying maybe if you didn't have me driving this 22 year old piece of shit around-" i begin before there's a knock on the window.

i expected a cop, or avery, but instead a young girl who looked about our age, although i couldn't really tell because she was wearing all black, with a black beanie, and black sunglasses. i could see bright blue strands of hair sticking out from underneath her beanie, and not the mention the black sweatshirt and sweatpants she was wearing was about 10 sizes too big.

"roll down the fucking window" kermit says snapping me out of my daze.

"the cops are on their fucking way. you all are going to jail" she snaps causing me to jump a little. "and don't even fuckin try to pull away because i already got pictures of you guys and your license plate" she finishes, fiddling with the bunny ring which was on her finger.

usually this wouldn't scare me, but considering i have a ankle monitor around my foot right now, knowing i actually would go to fucking jail, scares the shit out of me and i think kermit who was next to me could sense this.

"dude chill, we can go back in and pay, it wasn't even like that" kermit says as i just nod along.

"yeah for real, we will go back in th-" corey adds before being interrupted by the girl.

"chill, i'm totally playing with you guys" she says laughing, causing me to roll my eyes. "you were scared shitless, should have seen the look on your faces"

she continues laughing as i let out a sigh of relief.

"mother fucker" corey grumbles, relaxing back into the seat.

"now just give me the takis you stole and i'll be gone" the girl says after catching her breath.

"oh hell no" kermit replies, clutching his sweatshirt tighter.