The Days Are A Death Wish

This story is going to be sad so beware, I won't be putting trigger warnings so if you do get triggered easily just don't read this.

Chapter 1

Josh's pov

I need a little room to breathe... My leg bounces as I fidgeting in my seat. The temperature in the restaurant is normal but I'm burning up. Sweat rolls down my back and soaks into the hem of my jeans no doubt making me look like a sweaty pig. The fabric touching my armpits are drenched but luckily, I have on a leather jacket on over my flannel.

I can't take it off to cool down because she then would get embarrassed. I want this to be right, I need this to go smoothly. "You look terrible, " Abigail declares as her brown eyes flicker up from her phone.

This woman is like a goddess, I can't believe in going to ask her to marry me.  I smile nervously and wipe the sweat that's gathering on my face. Her gorgeous ruby red lips pucker up for a moment as she looks over me. "Fix your hair maybe- and stop bouching your leg, you look like a crackhead, " she adds before looking around.

I cross my legs and try to fix my hair, it was in place earlier- I must have unconsciously ran my hand through it. My face is probably red and I do feel sick but I planned this for so long.

"Abigail, I love you so much-" I start and she looks up still holding her phone. I get up and grab hand-making her stand too. She looks confused. I kneel down on one knee and her eyes widen. People around us gasp. "You're the better half of me. You're the only half I need-" she looks surprised and looks everywhere but me.

People aww and I pull out the small velvet box and open it up. "Will you do the honors of being my wife?" I ask trying to sound confident. She steps back and frowns.

Please don't...

"Just say the word, we'll take on the world. look in my eyes, I'll never desert you..." I say quietly. Everyone around us is quiet and the people stare.

"Are you trying to embarrass me!?" She whisper-yells at me. Tears forming in her angry eyes. My heart shatters and my soul plummets into darkness. "What at you without me? Nothing! Why would I want nothing!?" She says harshly before running out.

Whispers start to form around me dragging me lower. I stand up slowly and look around at the nameless faces. They pity me...

The open box is in my hand gets closed and put into my pocket. She said no... I wipe the tears from my face and slowly take a walk of shame out of the fancy restaurant.

I'll talk to her, it's okay she doesn't want to get married just yet. I just embarrassed her. She loves me. Everything will be okay. We can get married in a year or two from now, I'm not in a rush. I should have just talked to her about taking it first to know her thoughts. I'm so stupid.

But I'll fix this...

Desperately I try to convince myself that it's going to be okay. Deep down I know it probably won't be okay.

I can't live without her...

-

3rd pov

Josh is madly in love with the bitch, he is wrapped around her finger and would do anything for her. If she asked for something he did everything in his power to get it for her.

He bought her a car- he pretty much has paid for everything she owns. They have been dating for 4 years and not once talked about getting married. That's because she thinks she's too good for him.

She's only with him because he's nice and buys her things.

They never argue because Josh is too scared to disagree with her. She cheats on him and doesn't respect him at all, how could she? She cheats. If you love them you wouldn't cheat on them. Plain and simple.

She makes him feel bad about his weight and little things about himself. Slowly yet surely she has taken away his love for himself and confidence.

He needs out of that relationship even if he doesn't think so. That won't be an issue with how things are going. Lately, Abigail has been seeing her new boyfriend behind Josh's back and hardly covering her tracks. She wants to see how blind Josh really is.

She likes the thrill of almost getting caught. She's not scared to hurt josh because she clearly doesn't care about his feelings.

I'll probably post the next chapter Friday but no promises because I'm unpredictable with writing, I don't have work anymore so I might be able to post sooner but... Who knows. Please vote and comment  <3