Rawr

Chapter 20

Josh's pov

I find myself in the nearest bathroom and hear crying. "Oli?" I ask. It's obvious that he hears me because he tries to quiet himself. The thoughts of Abigail leave completely and now im worried about oli.

I was thinking he left me to hurt me but that's stupid. He's nice and didn't want to be separated from me. Did he get anxiety and I didn't help him like I said I would? I go to the bathroom stall door and knock on it softly. There's no real reason to knock on it, I know he's in there. "Hey, I'm sorry. Can I come in?" I ask and the room is filled with silence.

"J-josh?" He whispers with a horse broken voice.

"Yeah, I should have told her to go away immediately instead I ignored you, " I say disappointed in myself. He opens the door and I get a view of him. His face is stained with tears. His usually pale skin is flushed red and he is breathing heavily.

He sits on the closed toilet and wipes his face. His body is shaking and he's sweating a lot. The bathroom stall is small but he doesn't look like he's ready to leave it so I step in and close the door.

"What happened? Do you want to go home now?" I ask and he hugs himself and looks at the floor.

He closes his brown eyes as if he's in pain and faces forward. "What's on the ground?" He asks quietly. I look on the ground to see but nothing is there.

"Dirt and germs? There's nothing there, " I say and he looks at it again.

"I'm so cold, " he says.

I take off my hoodie and help him put it on. He confuses me. I just want him to be okay but I don't understand him. He doesn't talk about what he's dealing with. Maybe I could stop waiting for him to tell me and just ask...

"Are you okay?" I ask and he shakes his head no.

"It's scary here, " he says before tears spill over and his face fills with sadness. I grab his face with both my hands on his cheeks and make him look in my eyes.

"It's going to be okay. It might be scary but I'll protect you. Just close your eyes and pretend you are where you are most comfortable, " I say and grab his hands that are cold and limp. I put them on my shoulders and he closes his eyes and hugs me. I grab the back of his thighs and lift him up. He wraps his legs around my waist and I make sure he's secure.

I pick up his bag let it hang off my arm as I hold Oli. He's so light... He should eat more. When we get out of the bathroom he covers his ears and hides his face into my shoulder.

He's completely a different person when he's scared and it is sad. I don't like seeing him terrified. As quickly as I can without looking crazy I get us out of the mall and take him to my car.

I help him in and buckle him up. "Is it better?" I say and he doesn't open his eyes.

"No, I need my blankets, " he says tears sliding down his face. I thought he would be okay after we got away from the public place.

I go around and get in the driver's side. As I'm driving I keep looking over at the vulnerable guy. I'm glad he trusts me to help him but I'm upset that he's so upset he needs me to save him.

Not once did he open his eyes on the way home. I park in the garage and turn off the car and lower the garage door before going around and unbuckling him. "We're home, everything is okay, " I tell him as I pick him up.

He clings onto me and I take him inside. When I put him in my bed I wrap him up in blankets. "G-get my medicine. It's in my makeup box, " he says opening his eyes.