Even Hell Can Get Comfy Once You've Settled In

Please vote and comment

Chapter 3

Josh's pov

This place isn't going to help me. This is hell. Literally, at this very moment, screaming can be heard out in the hallways. "Ronnie!" A voice yells chasing the person that is screaming and yelling profanities down the white hallways.

Why is this Ronnie person doing this? I have no idea. I can't see through the walls but I imagine some crazy guy running naked swearing and yelling as he tries to escape his fate. Maybe nurses are chasing him with needles about to stick in his neck.

It's been a few hours since I got enrolled in here and I can't shake the feeling of being watched. I'm alone in this room but this isn't a comfortable environment. This is a place for crazy people.

I'm not crazy I just don't want to live without my soulmate. It's ludicrous to imagine a life without her by my side. I've lost roughly around twenty pounds since we broke up and everything about me has worsened.

Thunder rumbles and I can hear the rain pelt down on the metal roof. Above me is white, just like everything in this place. I hate white, it's so bland. There's a ring for a few seconds making me sit straight. What was that? I think Kellin told me but I was too overwhelmed to listen to half the stuff he explained.

About five minutes pass of nothing until my door opens making my head snap in that direction. A skinny lanky guy slowly walks in and doesn't look my way. This is my roommate?

He sluggishly lays down in his bed and instantly seems to fall asleep. This guy must be tired, I think he's the one that was sleeping in the living quarters.  How can he sleep in a place like this?

It smells like hand sanitizer, it's too cold, there are weird noises happen frequently, and there are people always around. Like me. How can he sleep when he knows somebody is in the room. Maybe he really didn't notice me, I didn't greet him.

Do I say something now? I don't really want to talk to him, he's probably crazy. I don't want to talk to anyone, especially if they are mentally ill.

Three days... That's all I have to wait.

The door opens and Kellin looks at me and then him. "Its past curfew so the only thing you can do outside of this room is use the bathroom. There are guards that make sure people don't wander around. Is there anything you need before I go home?" Kellin asks me.

The sleeping guy wakes up and looks at us lazily. His brown eyes are dull and lifeless as our eyes meet for the first time. His cheeks are hollow just how I presume his soul is. He looks drained of life and emotions.

I rip my eyes from him to look at Kellin's happy, full of life eyes. Gray and green swim around his blue eyes as he looks at me in wonder. "N-no, I'm fine, " I say because I don't think he can do anything to make me more comfortable. Last night before I slept in his guessed room I asked him to get me my own room or one with a chill roommate and it looks like he did what he could.

However, this guy still looking at me gives me the creeps. His gaze makes my skin crawl. Kellin smiles at me reassuringly and then looks at the guy. "Did you two meet?" Kellin asks they guy more than me so I stay quiet and listen to his answer. But it doesn't come in words.

He rolls his eyes and gets under his covers and goes to sleep. The nurse looks at me and makes a face to say sorry. "Just give him space, he's a sweet person deep down," he says and causing the guy to throw his pillow at him. The black-haired guy pouts and picks up the pillow that had just hit him in the side of the face and sets it on the now laying body of my roommate.