Deathbeds

Chapter 4

3rd person

Josh sits in the quiet room hating the freezing temperature. His blanket is gone because of his roommate and it's not even on the creepy guy's bed. Josh looked around the room but no pillows or covers were around.

Josh had no idea where they were because he knew Oliver didn't have them at therapy. So where are they? It's been an hour or two since he stormed off but it was the end of therapy so he shouldn't get in trouble for leaving early... Hopefully.

Who knows how strict they are- well, probably a lot of people but josh isn't one of those people. He's just hoping he's not in trouble. Nobody stopped him so that's a good sign.

Josh is still so depressed but he's trying to keep it pushed down and hardly think about it. He doesn't want to think about Abigail. He doesn't want to think about how he tried to kill himself. He does think about how he's going to end it all when he gets out but he doesn't acknowledge how horrible that is.

He hasn't thought about his sister or parents and how they would react to his death and he hasn't thought about what dying would do to people who love him. Abigail is a horrible person but even she would be sad.

She would blame herself: even though it is her fault she doesn't hate him. She just is manipulative and doesn't see how bad she really did hurt him. She grew up with abusive parents and grew up taking what she could because she is scared something will happen and she would have nothing again. In her mind, she might as well take what she can before it's all gone.

Two boyfriends, milking them dry of everything they have to offer. Loads of friends that she lies to so she can keep them. It's horrible and Josh hardly sees it but he just thinks she deserves all his money. He believes she deserves more than him so he gives her everything.

But now that she's gone he feels like he has nothing. He gave her everything. That's not true, he has a loving family and a lot of materialistic things but he only wants her...

-

Josh's pov

-

The door opens and the skinny tattooed guy shuffles in. He appears to be weak, his movements are slow and light. If actions can be described as sounds he would be monotoned. Dull and straight to the point in a way.

He doesn't have anything with him... I don't want to sleep in this cold room without a blanket. He curls up on his bed not once looking over here.

"Where's my blanket?" I ask but he doesn't respond at all. Do I repeat myself? I wait a moment but he doesn't make any move to answer me.

"Hey, you took my blanket. I want it back, " I say more confidently. He sits up slowly and sighs. He looks over at me blankly and then at his hands.

"They are gone," he says and storms out.

He lost my blanket??

After a while, the ring goes off signaling its bedtime. It takes Oliver fifteen minutes after bedtime to get back. When he gets back he has different clothes on and wet hair.

He is dripping wet and his clothes are damp like he didn't towel off after his shower but he has a towel in his hands. He throws it at me making it hit me in the face because I didn't catch it in time. "There's your blanket," he says getting in his bed facing away from me.

This is a towel, not a blanket... Why didn't he just bring me back my blanket? It's too cold to be wet and have no blanket...

"Oliver, " I say and he doesn't move.