Hold Me Close

So I'm sick and sad so I'm posting this early (it was supposed to be posted on Friday) because I want to read comments and yeah... Enjoy.

This is chapter seven... I think. (Lmao it's six but from here on it counts from 7 so oh well)

Josh's pov

Six o'clock comes slowly but time seems to slow when therapy starts. Impatiently I look at the time to see it hasn't even been half an hour. I hate therapy. I hate it here.

Oliver is asleep in his chair and I can't help but study him. Six months straight in a hospital... He must really hate it here. Maybe instead of trying to get him to kill me, I could see if he could help me escape. We can both get out.

When it's my turn I tell them I don't want to. They tried to get me too but I continued to refuse.

-

"A snake was hiding in daffodils and bit my hand when I was picking flower.- I don't know why but that's the same feeling I got when she dumped me.- I know I'm a liar and a cheater but I-" I'm only listening to parts of someone's story because I'm lost in my own thoughts.

"Sykes?" A guy nurse says from the door. The therapy sessions pause and Oliver wakes up and looks at him. "We need you to come with us for a moment, " he says and I see another worker waiting outside the door.

Is he in trouble?

He gets up and looks timid as he walks over. The therapy sessions continues but I watch the tree leave. No, I don't care about him but I am curious.

-

He didn't come back to therapy so since it's over I'm looking for him. When I to our room I pass the living quarts and kitchen to see he's not there. He's not in the art room either.

When I enter our room it's dark and empty. Even when we are in it it still feels empty. However, it's really empty. Both of the blankets are gone. Why does he think he can steal my pillow and blankets?

I close the door to the cold dark room and walk down a hallway. The hallways are empty like usual making it feel creepier than it is. Or is it this creepy? The lights flicker making chills run up my spin. How many people have killed themself here?

How many people actually get better?

The only place I haven't check is the bathroom, shower room,  and places I'm not allowed to check. He's probably in some office or something. Anyways I push the shower room doors open and walk in.

I haven't taken a shower here yet because I thought I was only going to be here for three days. But now I know I can't hold it off I'll have to shower soon. Probably tomorrow morning.

In the cold room, the lights are off and I almost leave but hear sniffling. When I walk in more the motion sensor goes off and turns on the lights for me. He just is still if the lights turned off on him.  Only one of the stalls has the curtain closed so I go to it. The water isn't running but the floor is damp.

"Oliver?" I ask. This might not be Oliver.  He doesn't respond so I push the curtain to the side to see he is in the corner with his knees to his chest. His arms are crosses over the tops of his knees and his face is hidden.

I shouldn't try to help.

A small sigh escapes my lips. He doesn't look up or acknowledge me but I know he knows I'm here.  The ground is wet and cold but I still plop down next to him. His grip on his arms gets harder and I'm sure it hurts him, even if he has long sleeves on.

The atmosphere is sad and gloomy. Both of us are miserable but, I think he is more so... He can say he is depressed and people would believe him. Nobody thinks I'm sad because my life is perfect except for the thing that I care about most.