My Head Isnt Wired For This World

Chapter 10

(3333 words)

Josh's pov

When Oli gets back he's no longer hard, thank God. That would have been so awkward. He starts putting on shoes confusing me. I've never seen him wear shoes before. Only socks. The floors here are super clean and smooth so there is no reason to wear more than just socks.

He looks at me and them the window. I can't see out of the small dirty window enough to see how the sky looks. It didn't rain in the past few days (that I know of) so it's probably dry. The thought of outside makes me sad. I'm free as a bird... A pet bird.

Locked in here has been exhausting. Therapy, eating three meals, walking down hallways to get to the bathroom from different parts of this big building. I have to shower and watch what I say.

At home, I just laid in bed all day. If it's a really nice day I'd go to the couch next to the window. The thought of outside is exciting somehow. I miss it. "Do you... Um... Wanna maybe risk getting in trouble to go on a boring adventure?" He says in a whisper.

The offer gets a smile on my face. This feels like an honor, I guess it really is. We aren't allowed to go outside and it seems like he's going to take us outside. Maybe we can run away together. "Yes, I'd love to, " I say softly as I put on my shoes.

"Okay, but we have to be very very fucking quite. Don't even put your shoes on, it makes a tapping sound. I just know how to walk like a ninja, " he says and I stop trying to put on my shoes. "Bring them but you'll only put them on when I say," he says.

"Okay," I agree getting up.

"So you'll follow me close and once we leave these doors we can't whisper or make any noise until outside and only whispering then, " he says strictly. I nod and he goes to the door silently. I walk over with my socks. My steps are silent too but that's just because of my socks. He has convers on so I'm impressed by his silent movements.

He opens the door and looks out. He then gestures for me to get out of the room so I do and he closes the door silently. The absence of noise is so creepy but exciting.

My heart pounds in my chest and I look everywhere. There are cameras! I feel like this might be too scary for me. Oli grabs my hand and I feel calmer. He's done this before. We probably won't get caught. And Oli did get caught once but didn't get in trouble.

We walk down a few hallways until we get to a staff room. Why a staff room? He picks the lock with a card- When did he get a card? He puts it in his pocket and we go into it. Surprisingly there's another door. He opens it slowly and I see outside!

We step outside and he shuts the door behind us as I put on my shoes. "This door doesn't have an alarm like the others, " he says softly is a whisperish voice. I look up at the stars and smile. The air smells so fresh and sweet. The delightful aroma makes me think of how Oli smells.

The hospital has a strong antiseptic. The clean or pure smell that is bland a characterless has been annoying me this whole time. Now Im out and can smell something different.

Not to mention look at something. The dark sky full of twinkling stars is so different from the boring white. I'm so captivated by the sky I forgot I was on the earth and I, more importantly, forgot I was holding Oli's hand.

I look away from the spectacular view to see another. Oliver just looking at me. What's he thinking about? His face darkens a little with red and looks at the sky. I look at our hands but realize he's wearing short sleeves and I can see tattoos over scars.

I thought scars were ugly and only clumsy people go them. But these weren't from being clumsy... They can't ugly either. The pretty colors of the ink make them look almost invisible. Hidden from most people. This is the first time I've ever seen his in short sleeves. His wrists are so slider...