SEVEN

ROWAN POV

I proceed to tell Klaus about everything my parents told me about my birth parents, and he listens, "It's crazy right?" I say but I leave out the fact of my birth name, no one can know that. He however shakes his head, "Quite the opposite in fact. When I lived in New Orleans, there were vampires, witches, and werewolves, I was king of the city. My family and I built it" he says, "Why aren't you there now?" I question, "Well about a century ago, my father came to town, threatened me, everything I've built, we had to flee, Elijah, Rebekah, and me, Finn and Kol, were in coffins, daggered. We fled New Orleans, and haven't returned since"

"What's it like there now? Do you know?" I question, he shakes his head "I have no idea, I lost all contact there after we fled, a friend, someone who I adopted as my son, he died in a fire that Mikael started. I can't go back without thinking of that tragic night" he says, I give him a sympathetic smile. "I want to know who my real parents are" I say, "Maybe it's best to talk to your other parents, get as much information out of them as you can" Klaus says, I shake my head, "I can't go back, they lied to me" I said.

"Atleast you can go to school tomorrow" he says with a laugh, I shake my head laugh with him, "I'm friends with like 4 vampires, they can compel me out of school if needed" Klaus shakes his head, "Well even if you did not go, you wouldn't be able to stay here during the day, I have business that I wish not to involve you, plus isn't it Caroline's birthday tomorrow?" I wide eye face palm myself, I completely forgot, but how did he know. I send him a questioning look.

"How did you know it was her birthday tomorrow?" I ask, he pointed towards my phone, "A thing came up saying 'Caroline's Birthday!' So I'd say go so you can wish her a happy birthday" he says smiling. I nod, "Yeah maybe I will"

....

I walked into school and made my way over to Caroline's locker and saw Elena and Bonnie there. "Sorry I'm late, got held up" I say, "With who Klaus" Elena says in joking way, I stay quiet. "Rowan? You were with Klaus?" Bonnie says, I shake my head, "Not like that. I just stayed the night, we talked, I couldn't go to my parents, not after everything, I did send them a text though telling them I was at yours Elena, so hope that's not a problem" I say, Elena shakes her head and smiles "Hey if you're happy, then I'm happy, even though it's the guy we're all planning on killing" she says.

"So, uh, I have something I need to tell you" Elena says changing the subject and looking between us, mostly at Bonnie, "And you're not gonna like it" she adds, "What happened?" Bonnie asked, I nodded in agreement, "Jeremy's going to be leaving town for awhile. He'll be staying with family friends in Denver until this whole Klaus thing blows over" she says looking at me on the last part.

"Jeremy wouldn't just leave you on your own to deal with Klaus" I say, something is up with that. Elena nodded, "I know" then it hit me, "Damon compelled him to leave" I say, making Elena look down and nod. "What?" Bonnie said looking surprised, "I know, Bonnie, but it's not safe for him here anymore. Leaving will give him a better life. The reason I'm telling you is because I know that you two haven't really worked out your stuff" Elena said, this made me laugh, "Yeah no duh, she got cheated on with a ghost, Elena. It'd be weird to talk" I say.

"I thought she'd want to say goodbye" Elena adds, Bonnie shrugs her shoulders and looks down the corridor at Jeremy talking to a friend. "I'm gonna talk to him" Bonnie says and makes her way over to Jeremy. I look at them as they talk, "They were so cute" I say, Elena nods in agreement, "Bonnie was happy, she deserved it. But then my idiot brother messed that up" she says. "Come on, where is Caroline" Elena says, I shrug my shoulders, "Last time I heard of her was at homecoming, since then haven't heard from her" I say.

.....

After Caroline's no show at school, we decided to take it to her house instead. I saw her car approaching and Matt, Bonnie, Elena, and I all hid. We waited for the door to open and close before jumping out, "Surprise" we all say, "Happy birthday" Matt says smiling, Caroline smiled, "What are you guys doing here?" she says, "You blew off school and missed our work of art we did to your locker" Elena starts, "So change into warmer clothes, we're going to the falls" I say smiling. Elena takes off the crown she had and places it on Caroline's head.