TWENTY-SIX

ROWAN POV

Hayley and I found out that our parents are actually dead, but according to Shane we can see them again. Which is crazy, you can't bring back the dead, it's impossible, I asked Bonnie and she said you can't awaken the dead, no spell can do that. It was kinda heartbreaking to find out that they're dead, I mean I had hoped that after high school I would go to New Orleans and find them, but I guess I'll be visiting their graves instead. On top of that, my adopted parents are nowhere to be found either, not even the sheriff has heard a peep from them, and after that call with that strange guy, I think something is up.

I have no idea where they are though, so it's not like I can go looking for them, they could be anywhere in the world. Hayley currently is meeting  with Tyler, Kim and Adrian, to tell them she's found a witch to solve all their problems, only that's a lie, there's no witch, she's lying to them. Even after we know our parents are dead, and Shane said they can come back, although I wouldn't trust him, but Hayley does and I trust Hayley.

And on the other hand, Bonnie is teaching Jeremy to not want to kill Elena, which would be useful in her case. I can't see that playing well, I mean Jeremy has killed like 2 vampires and he's already basically Connor 2.0 which isn't good, because I don't fancy getting kidnapped and used for bait again. Being human in this town sucks, I can't imagine what it must've been like before I showed up, could've been better or worst, according to everyone it wasn't as bad as it is.

I'm currently sitting at the Grill waiting for Hayley to come and update me on everything, and also for us to just talk, and the Grill is all decorated upfor the Winter Wonderland. Someone sat in the booth in front of me, I looked up and it was Klaus. "What are you doing here?" I ask him confused, "Just fancying a walk, see a friend, that is allowed right?" he asks, "So we are talking" I say ignoring his statement, "Thought Miss Mystic Falls was nothing then" he says smiling, I laugh and shake my head, "It was fun! I'm glad you came" I say smiling again.

We end up talking for what felt like ages that I didn't notice Caroline texting me about what the sword meant, and apparently Jeremy's hunters mark, the sword decodes that, which means it's the key to finding the cure. I notice a painting is up, "Woah look at the snowflake painting" I say standing up to get closer and admire the painting, Klaus was following after me.  "Do you like it?" he says, I nod and look between the painting and Klaus, and see him smirking, "Wait, you painted this?" I say, "Indeed" he responds. "It's amazing" I whisper looking away from Klaus and back to the painting.

"Can I offer you some champagne?" he asks out the blue, I shake my head, "Can't. Too many adult prying eyes. Don't wanna be a cautionary tale at the next town meeting" I tell him, "Good thing is that the high school part is nearly over" he says, "I don't think that's a good thing" I tell him sadly, "Why's that?" he says, "I just found out my real parents are dead. I was gonna go to New Orleans after I graduated to find them, meet them, but that's not happening now. And college isn't my thing. So I'm screwed" I say looking down. "Is that our thing?" he asks ignoring my previous statement.

"We don't have a thing" I say quickly, "It seems that we tell each other things you'd only tell your best friend. It's almost like we have a special connection" he says looking in my eyes, I look away, "I'll need that glass of champagne" I tell him, "Allow me" he says walking off to get one. While he's gone Caroline texts me.

Caroline: Is Klaus with you?

Rowan: Yeah... why?

Caroline: Awww

Rowan: Caroline why did you ask?

Caroline: Because Stefan needs to steal the sword from Klaus

Rowan: So I'm a distraction?

Caroline: I'm sorry

Rowan: No it's okay. I enjoy talking to him

Caroline: Just keep him talking, he'll listen to you for hours no doubt

I put my phone away and just in time too because Klaus returned with the champagne glasses, "To new friends and beginnings" he says raising his glass up, I raise mine up too and we drink to that, even though I'm not ready for that at all.

...

Klaus eventually left and Hayley sent me a text and updated me on everything, the hybrids are taking Klaus out tonight. It all happens tonight, is what Hayley said. Her, Caroline and Tyler walk into the Grill and Hayley gestures me to follow them, so I stand up and follow after them. "How did you get out?" Tyler asks her, "I got out because your idiot hybrids recognise the stupidity of your alpha-hybrid martyr plan" Caroline says, "It is pretty stupid Tyler" I tell him, Tyler ignores me, "I'm not gonna fight you Care" he says, "Oh no. We're gonna fight, the second you shove Klaus into someone else's body" Caroline bites back.

"We've been through this. I don't have anyone else's body" Tyler tells her, "Yeah? Well, I do" Caroline says to him, "What? Who?" Hayley speaks up, "Klaus' sister Rebekah" Caroline, "What!" I say in surprised tone, "She's got a dagger in her. Stefan's hiding her coffin in the tunnels. We dump Klaus' into her body and bury her. We just killed two Original birds with one stone" Caroline says smiling. Even though I know that won't happen, with there actually being no witch to do the spell, but I have to act like I'm upset since Klaus and Rebekah are my friends.

"No Caroline" I say, "It's too late to change the plan" Hayley tells her. Tyler ignores us both, "Call Bonnie. Make sure it'll work" he says to Caroline. "God does no one listen to me" I say throwing my hands up in frustration, "Tyler" Hayley tries, "It's. brilliant plan guys" Tyler says looking at us, "They're my friends" I say looking at them both. "You're a genius. I love you" Tyler says to Caroline kissing her. Hayley took this time to text Shane telling him the plan is falling apart, he almost texted back immediately telling us to fix it. Tyler had left to tell his mother that he might actually graduate, so Hayley and I were left in here with Caroline who was calling Bonnie to see if putting Klaus into Rebekah would work, and apparently it will.

Caroline turned to us smiling saying it'll work. "I gathered. Congratulations" Hayley says with a straight face, "Thank you" Caroline responds walking to the door to leave. I look away from her not ready for what's about to happen. Hayley snaps her neck, and I look down at Caroline's temporarily dead body. Hayley put her in the toilet stall and locked the door, "Let's go" she says, I take a glance at the door, "Come on Ro" Hayley says. I nod and follow after her, I feel terrible for doing this, after they all have done for me, I'm just betraying them just like that, like our friendship were nothing.

...

Hayley and I made a change of clothing and came to the Winter Wonderland party. I spot Tyler on the phone, "Here we go" I mumble to her, "What are you guys doing here? You're taking the witch to the cellar" he says as if we didn't know that. "There's no witch Tyler" I say in a quiet voice, Tyler looks confused, "What?" he says, "I made it up" Hayley says, Tyler looks more confused, "We never intended for you to put Klaus down. We needed him for the sacrifice" Hayley tells him, "The what?" Tyler says having no clue, "We don't know how to explain" I say to him looking at Hayley who nods with me, "We made a deal with someone who can help is find our family" I add on.

"What are you talking about? What kind of deal?" Tyler says getting irritated, "There needed to be 12 for the sacrifice, Tyler" Hayley tells him, Tyler's eyes widen, "Twelve what?" he asks, "Tyler we're sorry" I say beginning to cry. "Rowan? What did you guys do?" he says, "If you run now, you might make it out alive" I say softly to him. Tyler looks at us with a betrayed looked on his face before turning around and running in the opposite direction. I turn to Hayley and hug her and her being taller made the hug even better. "We had to Ro" Hayley whispers to me, I nod, I knew this was happening, doesn't mean I don't feel horrible for it.

...
Chapter 26!! I almost cried writing this, Rowan is like my baby, I hate it when she's sad. Also shorter chapter sorry.

I do not own the characters/plot of The Vampire Diaries. I only own Rowan and her storyline that follows.

Sorry for not posting! I've been busy

SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR OR SPELLING MISTAKES