SEVENTEEN

ROWAN POV

I went with Caroline to get Elena from the hospital, she collapsed early, but Meredith said she's going to be okay. "Couch" Caroline says, "I'm fine. I just want something to eat" Elena says, "We're on it. As soon as we make sure no one's lurking in the closets" Tyler says nodding to Matt. "Alright. Couch now" I say to Elena. "Oh, I told you, I'm fine" she says.

"Doctor says rest, you rest" Caroline says grabbing a blanket, "Now what can we get you? Do you want some tea?" I say, "Maybe some vodka?" Caroline says smiling, Elena looks at Caroline with the 'Seriously' look. "Both will help you sleep" Caroline laughs, Elena sighs. Caroline takes a seat on the empty spot on the couch? "I know. Being smothering, it's what I do" she says.

Elena shakes her head, "No it's nice" she says, I look between the two, "I'm thinking maybe tea with vodka, heh" I laugh, Caroline and Elena laugh with me. We get up and go to the kitchen to get the drink. While we were making them, Caroline got a call from her mum, said it was urgent, and I should go too, turns out Tyler got a call from his mum too. So here we all are, heading to Tyler's house, wondering what the hell is happening.

...

We arrived at Tyler's house, he opens the door, "Mum?" he calls out, "In here" she responds, we walk in and see the mayor and sheriff with unreadable looks on their faces, "Mum" Caroline says, "Mrs Lockwood, Mrs Forbes" I say looking. "What's going on?" Tyler says once he sees their faces, "Alaric outed us to the Council. He told them everything. The whole Council knows what you are, even though you're an un-triggered werewolf Rowan, they're onto you too" Carol explains.

"What?" I say not believing it, "He's got them looking for Klaus. They're gonna come for you. You can't be here when they do" Liz explains. "Wait, what are you saying?" Caroline says, Liz looks between us all, "You all need to get out of town. Rowan you should probably head to where your parents are, they know everything that's happening" Liz says, "I pulled together some cash. Liz will get you some new identification. We'll get school records" Carol goes, "Wait, the Council is on vampire alert, I'm not a vampire" I say.

"We know, they know, but they know how a werewolf triggers their curse, and how they can become a hybrid thanks to Klaus' blood. They don't want another vampire on the loose" Liz says softly to me, "Wait, so you want us to run?" Tyler says not believing it either, "We can't protect you anymore, Rowan your parents aren't even here" Liz says, "We can't just pack up and leave!" I say on the verge of tears.

"If you stay, you're going to end up dead" Carol says, Caroline, Tyler, and I all look at the each other, "The Council is insane. We're just kids!" I yell out, "They don't care. You don't have a choice" Carol says. I just got a new life here, nowI have to pack up and move? If I have to do this, I'm not going to see my parents, I'm going to New Orleans to find where my real parents are.

...

Caroline, Tyler, and I go into the study room and think what we've just been told. "We can't just leave town" Caroline explains pacing the room, "Yes, we can" Tyler says, "No, but our friends need us. If we got outed, don't you think Alaric outed Damon and Stefan? And told them Bonnie was a witch?" I say looking at Tyler, "Our mother's need us to stay alive" Tyler says.

"I don't even have a mum! or dad! I have my adopted parents who left on some mission once they told me I was adopted, and they haven't talked to me since then. My real parents are in New Orleans somewhere apparently, but no one can find them. I have no one Tyler! I have nothing to lose!" I say in one breath.

"So, if we're going on the run, I'm going to New Orleans, to find out about my family, you guys are welcome to come if you want. Or you guys can go off on your own and start your own lives again, together" I say leaving the room go to my house to pack my things and leave this town.

...

While I was packing I got a call, from Caroline, saying to get to the cemetery immediately. I did as she told and drove to the cemetery, When I arrive there I see Jeremy, Stefan, Caroline and Elijah. "What happened?" I say, "Alaric staked Klaus. He's dead" Stefan says, I stand there trying to comprehend what he just said, "What? But that means-" I start, "If Klaus is dead.... You all die too" I say, "Caroline, Damon, Abby, Tyler, you Stefan" I add, tears falling down my cheeks.

"No Klaus was lying, we'll all be okay" Stefan says, "Everyone but Tyler" I whisper. Caroline realises this and leaves, assuming to be by herself and grieve. "Klaus is dead" I say, I never thought I'd be sad, this sad, he really had an impact on me. Elijah left soon after he arrived, I don't know where, Caroline come back and was crying, "Care" I say running up to her, she runs up to me and gives me a big hug, "Tyler's dead Rowan. He's dead" she cries, I hold her tightly knowing how much she loved Tyler, "Oh Care" I say.

My phone starts ringing mid hug, I pull out and see it's Jeremy, "Jeremy?" I say picking up, "Alaric's dead" he says, "Wait that means- Elena" I say panicking, "You need to get to the hospital. Now" he says hanging up. I look at Caroline and she nods, she vamp speeds us to the hospital.

...
Chapter 17!! Also known as end of season 3!! I cried while writing this, thinking of Alaric's death was so sad, and Rowan's reaction to Klaus being dead broke me too.  Also sorry this chapter is so short, I had trouble writing Rowan into this one.

I do not own the characters/plot of The Vampire Diaries. I only own Rowan and her storyline that follows.

SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR OR SPELLING MISTAKES