THIRTY-FIVE

ROWAN POV

I was taking a walk around the woods just to clear my mind, Gradation is coming up, and after that Hayley and I are off to New Orleans to find our family. To say I'm scared would be an understatement, I don't wanna leave my friends behind, but I have to do this, it's my family. Even though I have forever to do so, I wanna know now. I hear leaves rustle from behind me, I turn and no one is there. "I swear if anyone is trying to scare me, I'll kick your ass" I say out loud so if anyone is watching they'll hear me. I turn back around only to bump into someone's chest. Klaus.

"God you scared me" I mumbled, "Sorry about that" he says, "Did you just apologise?" I say not sure if I heard correctly. "Maybe I did. Only for you though. Truth be it, I can't stop thinking about you" he says. My breathe gets caught in my throat, "Which brings me to my next question. Would you like to travel the world with me? We have all the time in the world after all" he says smirking, "I can't" I tell him, "What are you afraid of?" he says, "You. I'm afraid of you. Maybe I've always been afraid, but my feelings for you were stronger. But ever since becoming a vampire the fear of you have increased" I tell him truthfully.

His face changes, "Wouldn't it be more accurate to say you're afraid of yourself? Your darkest desires? Stefan was right, wasn't he? Deep down you long for someone to care about you?" he says getting closer every word he said. My face changed to confusion, "How did you know Stefan said that to me at the dance?" I ask him curiously. He suddenly pushes my back against the tree with his hand on my neck which caught me off guard, "Then again, there's so much to be afraid of. Like what I'll do to you if your friend Bonnie doesn't come out of hiding. Where is she?" he says, then it clicks. This isn't Klaus. "Silas" I whisper out, "Where is she" he shouts at me.

I don't answer, terrified to speak. "She's not at home. She's not anywhere. Bonnie is playing games with me, and I don't like it" he says, I try not show the fear in my face, but that isn't working. Fear is written all over my face. He grabs my hair and moves it from over my ear, "Tell her I'm looking for her. Tell her to come out of the shadows. Tell her that this-" he says before stabbing me in the chest with a stick which cause me to groan, "Is only the beginning" he finishes leaving and I collapse again the tree.

...

I woke up and it was night, the stick was never there. Silas got in my head. I went back to the boarding house only to find Rebekah there. "Where is everyone?" I ask her, "Using Matt to get Elena to turn her humanity back on" she replies, I nod. Rebekah looks at me worried, "You okay? You look like a mess" she states, I look down at my outfit and sure enough, I'm covered in dirt. "Silas got in my head. He pretended to be Klaus" I tell her, she nods, "And I'm guessing it freaked you out a little bit" she says, I nod my head, "Just a little bit. Because he started of as doing something Klaus would do, but then he just turned dark. And it scared me" I tell her, "I don't think Nik would ever hurt you like that" Rebekah says.

I smile, "Come on let's sit and wait for them all to come back" she says gesturing to sit next to her.

...

Damon came back with Matt, he snapped his neck which caused Elena to turn her emotions back on. Luckily Matt was wearing the Gilbert Ring, and it's going to bring him back to life thankfully. Rebekah and I are just waiting for him to wake up. On que, Matt opens his eyes and gasps awake, "Welcome back to the land of the living" I say to him, "I've never seem that ring in action before. Does it hurt?" Rebekah asks him, "You mean getting my neck snapped? Or coming back from the dead? Because they both hurt like hell" Matt says looking at her.

"Did it work?" he asks us, "It worked Matt" I say softly to him, "So she'll be back to her plain sympathetic self in no time" Rebekah adds handing him a drink. "It was a really brave thing to do Matt" I tell him, "She saved me from drowning at the bottom of that river. I'm just doing what I can to pay her back" he says. "There aren't enough apologies in the world for the part I played in this" Rebekah says, "Running you off the bridge. Elena becoming a vampire to save you. Rowan becoming a vampire to save me who was being so selfish" Rebekah says, I shake my head, "You're not selfish Bekah" I tell her softly.

"If you don't want me to cheat you into college, fine. We'll do it the hard way, but Matt. I will spend every day until graduation trying to find a way to pay you back" Rebekah tells him, I laugh softly and give Rebekah a side hug. "You can be really nice when you want to be, you know?" I say to Rebekah, she smiles.

...
Chapter 35!! This chapter is pretty much pointless apart from when Silas pretended to be Klaus. Other than that, this chapter sucks and I'm sorry.

Also I'm being slow with updates and I apologise, just finding it hard incorporate Rowan into the storyline.

I do not own the characters/plot of The Vampire Diaries. I only own Rowan and her storyline that follows.

SORRY FOR ANY GRAMMAR OR SPELLING MISTAKES