so cold and yet so hot

**MAKE SURE TO READ DESCRIPTION BEFOREHAND (cover above is my current cover just to have some archive of it in case I change it)

summary:  This is the tododeku story which inspired this book uwu. Basically, an aged up Todoroki travels back to the second year of UA and immediately grows attached to the sixteen-year-old Midoriya. (ah I should mention Shoto is seventeen) From his "universe"/"time", it took a lot for Shoto and Deku to discover their feelings for each other and he went back in order to smack some sense into his younger self. He regrets what happened in his world and wants to spend as much time with Deku before going back, which affects the younger icyhot more than he'd like to admit. 

warnings: fluff, angst and smut (?)

MIDORIYA POV 

My hoodie strings tapped lightly against each other as I moved my head along with the music. My headphones were blasting some old song from my mom's playlist and the light blush that tinted my cheeks was a constant reminder of the cold March weather. I looked over at the doors to the UA dorms, almost as if I expected someone to walk out and scold me. Smoke whispers around me from the scalding chimney inside but I was determined to wait for Todoroki to get back from his run. 

It had been three days since he looked my way and I wanted to know what the heck was going through his head. Gray sneakers caught my attention as I entered the UA second year dorms, but by the time I'd ran out to confront Todoroki, he was out of sight. So here I sit, waiting for this dumbass to get back so I could confront him. 

I nipped my bottom lip softly in between my teeth and couldn't help the chuckle that left my mouth. Why do you care, anyway. It was ironic, almost. I felt a strange pull towards the cold classmate. He was so gentle when no one was watching and I could see a constant flame burning as if behind his eyes. Unconsciously, I hummed along to the music and couldn't help my surprise as those old dusted grey sneakers stopped right before me.

Speak of the Devil.

I look up at his dual eyes, staring back at me with contained intensity. I released my bottom lip from my mouth - which only brought his attention down to my growing smile. 

"Hey" I whispered, almost scared to break him.

He only smiled back, his eyes softening yet maintaining their cold spark. I took his wrist and tugged him to the bench next to me until I felt him land with a soft thud. I turned my whole body toward him, all traces of humour gone from my eyes. "Why have you been ignoring me". I regretted it as soon as the words came out of my mouth, sounding so weak, broken.

Todoroki merely looked down at his gloved hands and squinted his eyes before answering. "I don't know what you're talking about". So why did he look scared?

"Cut it out," I smiled despite my dead eyes giving away my boredom. "You've been blowing me off since Uraraka brought in those old tapes." It had been movie night at the dorms and unfortunately Ochaco brought the old sports festival films. 

Todoroki abruptly stopped once he remembered how hurt Midoriya looked then, in pain... because of him? He tensed in the same way he had back then, only the soft couch was replaced with the cold bench underneath him. Shoto thought about it some more, careful to pick his words carefully.

"You know I didn't want to hurt you, right?" His eyes wandered to those of his green classmate as the corners of his mouth tugged down in worry. Yet if it wasn't for the cold clouding his vision, Midoriya may have noticed the light blush that tinged his icy friend. 

Midoriya slammed his hand down on the bench between them, surprising both of them. Despite his outburst, his voice came out softer than intended. "You had to, Todoroki," his voice gained some edge midsentence. "I wasn't going down without a fight."