broken strings /su!cidal deku

summary: uh okay so I've kinda been thinking about making this for a while so I thought I'd try? The class of 2A are forced to sit through a mental health evaluation to see which classmates are happiest/unhappiest. The intrusiveness of the presentation shows the classmates more physicological horrors from a certain greenette than they'd officially accoutned for. How is he still standing?

warnings: slight mention of eating disorders/recovery, abuse, sexual harassment, bullying, suicide attempts, self mutilation.. etc (just read at your own risk)

THIRD PERSON

Nezu sped down the UA hallways with contained excitement, bursting through the 2A doors. The class stared him down quizzically as he sipped tea out of a small kettle-shaped thermo.

"Today's officially UA's first mental health evaluation!" pausing for dramatic effect, he continued airily, "and we picked the most troubled class to test it on! :3"
Scoffs were drowned out by the principal's rushed excuse of the frequent villain attacks last year. Unbeknownst to Nezu however, one small greenette dreads remembering the villain attacks as they were the only thing that attracted his father to dreadfully come home that summer. He was greatful for the dorm system despise the raw burnmarks on his back which continued to scream at him relentlessly.

Two businessmen with charred black suits shuffled into the open room and set up some sort of presentation with a portable presentor. The device flared to life, as well as colours of vibrant red and green on the charging screen. One of the better built men slid his hand over the keypad to the 'start' button, at which Nezu ran off to make some more tea, closing the door softly on his way out.

Whirring relentlessly, the screen displayed some stats. The psychopath known as their principal had decided to turn this into a cutesy game, as if he was trying to drown out the neverending feeling of doom. The whole scheme was powered by someone's health stat quirk which was copied out on electronic version. Somehow this managed to effectively plug into a student's system and accurately represent all current physical and mental issues, which they were about to witness now.

Powering to life once more, the students were lead through a small top-three type game. They'd tour through the three happiest people in class and different things that made people feel different ways. Torwards the end, the three unhappiest students will be shown along with different ways to help these students to improve their mental health.
A blank screen with the words "HAPPIEST PEOPLE - TOP THIRD STUDENT" displayed brilliantly in pink bubble lettering. Izuku didn't miss how Uraraka turned to face him, face stretched in anticipation. No doubt she expected him to be on there.

Promptly, the disk displayed a picture of a smiling bakugo, much to the surprise of the class. On the 'reasons listed' display next to the picture, it droned on about constant validation from others and high feelings of superiority. A small video displayed bakugo as a kid, recieving praise for his quirk and later in life holding endless trophies and medals. The clip went on for a while and sweetly ended with his mom picking him up from school, laughing along with the feistier version of bakugo -a sobbing Midoriya was seen in the background, unnoticed by everyone.

Recieving incredulous looks from the class, Bakugo looked up at the screen as the next person was announced. Ochaco Uraraka. Midoriya wrinkled his nose slightly but still smiled widely at his classmate, genuinely happy she was doing okay. Her video started off with her tear-stricken face as her parents found out about her eating disorder before it got bad. Her recovery was full of bubbling happy faces and friendships, which she recieved with open arms. The overwhelming amount of support even flustered some classmates. It then showed the girl exceeding in school and working hard alongst some of her favourite people.