friendly barista (tododeku uwu)

summary: Todoroki spends his college years studying for a doctorate with little to no breaks. What happens when a breathtaking greenette suddenly becomes a new waiter at his favourite coffee-shop? Who knows? Maybe he'll find the break he needs once and for all.

warnings: kinda fussy break-up towards the end

TODOROKI POV

I hadn't planned to run into my dad on my way to the cafe, but luck didn't seem to be on my side. Once again, he found himself rambling about his plans for me and how good of a CEO i'd make. Shoes squeaked on our authentic Japanese flooring as I turned on my heel and ran from him, startling my sister in the process.
I didn't stop sprinting until I recognized the modern glass doors to the small run coffee shop in town.

The bell chimed above me as I shuffled in, skimming over the heads of couples and families sharing a cup of coffee. This place wasn't generally known to have the best drinks, but the familiar aura still seemed to draw people in.
I chose my seat at the back window -where there was an air of solitude- and sat down on the smooth wooden bench. I didn't have to skim over the list of drinks to know I was ordering my favourite coffee, itching to feel the warm cup beneath my fingers.

Shattering glass resounded through the cafeteria, silencing the crowds until one overpowered voice shouted over the deathly aura. "Midoriya! You're lucky you make good coffee or you wouldn't be here right now!" Followed by a high-pitched squeak and friendly laughter from a brunette waiter.

My eyes rippled the scene in front of me, unable to locate who was being shouted at through the counter blocking my view of the floor. A small hand waved in front of me as if to catch my attention and I looked into the eyes of a short strawberry-haired girl.

"Are you ready to order?" The simple question wiped all further thought from my mind.
"One black machiatto please."
"I'll bring it over soon, sir."

My hands instinctively moved to take out my notebook from the black shoulder-bag that lay forgotten next to me. Feeling it's smooth pages run between my fingers, I snapped it open to a blank page and sketched what looked to me like the respiratory system, complete with labels and tags explaining the individual movements.
Pencil scribbling on paper mindlessly, my hands rocked as I continued taking notes for a biology final I knew I'd have to take in a few months.
Almost as if time didn't pass in my little bubble, I was surprised by a cup being set before me.

I wasn't going to look up until I saw the hand slowly retract from the cup in front of me, sporting what seemed to be like a raw red burn mark. Mismatched eyes looked up to intense green ones before they snapped down to his shoes. "Sorry it took so long, sir. I got hurt making it and Chaco-chan put me on customer duty."
Looking down at the coffee in front of me, I took a cautious sip as he turned to leave. Eyes widening considerably I couldn't help but call after him.

"Wait! You said you made this?"
Fluffy hair bounced softly as he turned, cocking his head adorably to the side. Part of me wishes he hadn't done that, because then I wouldn't have noticed the light sprinkle of freckles, or invitingly plush pink lips. "Yeah?" His voice was soft and velvety, warning me of innocence.
"So this place finally has good coffee."
I assumed I'd whispered it, but that didn't stop him from letting out a bright bubbly laugh that seemed to stop all coversation in the hall once more.
"Is that why this place is so crowded today?" I let him off with a small nod, not finding the courage to tell him half of the store was obviously staring at him with hunger, coming in to see him work.
I took a glance at his nametag, which read Midoriya in a smooth cursive.

Slowly connecting the dots, I concluded he must be the one who dropped the cup earlier and mentally agreed his coffee was amazing. My eyes trailed off his retreating figure once more and I spent the afternoon scribbling in my notebook silently, sporting a soft smile.