abandoned kissing booth

summary: Izuku goes to an All-Girls school and Ochaco goes to an All-Boys school, but they remain best friends despite this. It's not long before Izuku has to host a fair at his school and Ochaco brings in her entire class to desperately fall head-over-heels for Izuku.

warnings: none aside from super mild name-calling and Izuku kinda swears a lot

(also kinda completely stole a scene from the kissing booth and made it like 100 times better because that movie sucks and probably gave me scoliosis ngl)

THIRD PERSON

Chaos. Ochaco's phone rings, which immediately silences the entire bus of rowdy guys. 

- "Hello?"

- "Zuku! You absolute idiot!" She laughs out after a moment. 

- "Yeah yeah... sure!" The brunette pauses and listens intently for a second. "You got me a date with that one girl from your class so I guess I should at least introduce you."

- "No! No backing out now. See you at school!" She hangs up quickly, snorting as she looks at her phone screen.

Uraraka seems busy enough texting away on her phone, so Kaminari helpfully speaks up after a few tense moments. "How come your calls with Zuku always last a total of three seconds?" The girl in question barely glances up before she replies a mysterious "Communication just isn't a forte. We'll work on it."

In a crazy haze of events two years ago, at the start of high school, Ochaco Uraraka was transferred into an all-boys school, where she happened to be the only girl. The situation was swept under the rug due to similar events happening somewhere else in Japan, and both students decided they'd be okay at the establishments already chosen. The other student just happened to be Izuku 'Zuku' Midoriya at an all-girls school just south of Musutafu. 

Very conveniently for the plot, the guys in 1A hadn't realized this 'Zuku' didn't happen to be a girl when Ochaco was rambling on about meeting up at this school. 

"A school full of girls, huh?" Mumbled out a shy Sato. 

"Too bad we're all fucking gay." 

"Well, I'll have a great time." Mused the brunette as they all laughed. Curse her luck to put a lesbian in a school full of bratty men. 

~~~

Izuku reached over on a high shelf to pull down two glossy cupcake holders, handing them to a petite girl beside him. 

"Jirou I swear to god if you don't grow taller in the next two weeks I'm gonna stop getting stuff for you."

Before either had a chance to laugh, a girl in vibrant green waved him over, standing on a short stool and still not tall enough to reach the baking powder. He sighed and walked over, dreadfully haunted in his 'cupcake duty' role. 

Once the shiny metal bowls were rounded up, his group of four got to mixing and cracking ingredients up to make chocolaty deliciousness. His eyes roamed over a Bakecraft article quickly, adding in two more eggs to the growing dough. Immediately on finishing stirring the tough mixture, he passed it to his friends to roll up and bake, laying out their tasks.

Frosting came next, fingers caked in layers of butter frosting and sprinkles. By the time they were finishing up, the room smelled like overwhelming vanilla and their eyes were sick of pink and white decorations. Izuku reached one hand up to his mouth to taste the frosting there when his phone rang for the second time on its place in his back pocket. 

"ZUKU BABEEEE"

He groaned and held his phone away from his ear. "CHACO CHANNNNN"

Soft grumbling voices silenced her friend as she clarified she'd go searching for him at the school. He was stuffed in her sleeve as she turned around to yell something about the guys waiting there, but he still heard more than one pair of footsteps approaching beside her. After a few moments, she picked her phone back up and giggled out something about her girlfriend.