Accepting

Avi knocked just ten minutes later. Scott quickly walked over to the other side of the room and opened the door for his colleague. He was almost surprised to see him, especially since he didn't think Avi would actually come over to receive some sort of medical care from someone who was teaching Charms and had barely anything to do with potions. But there he was, standing right in front of the door.

"Hey, come in!" Scott said and smiled. He closed the door behind Avi, took the heavy cloak off his shoulders and gestured to the table.

The Potion Master nodded and sat down without saying a word. After looking through the room Scott would've called a living room he decided that he liked it here. It was warm, the fire in the fireplace was heating up the whole room, the large couch in front of it was covered in blankets and pillows and the table he was now sitting at, close to one of the corners of the room, seemed to be big enough for multiple people. He was fortunate to have gotten a room with large windows, which touched both the floor and the high ceiling, and since they faced the large lake he was able to watch the sunrise in the morning and, on the other side in his bedroom, part of the sunset in the evening.

"Do you want some tea?" Scott asked and already reached for a mug to pour himself a cup.

Avi hesitated before he nodded slowly. "Yes please."

The Charms teacher couldn't help but grin as he took a second mug, reached for a tea bag and filled it with hot water. He brought both mugs to the table, then left. A moment later he appeared though the door leading to the bathroom again and sat down after putting down a plant with yellow colored flowers. "Alright then, can I have a look at your arm?" Scott asked and dropped a whole bunch of things on the table, including two still packaged rolls of gauze and a brown glass bottle that looked all too familiar to Avi.

"Did you take this from Poppy?" he mumbled and took it. "You stole this." 

"No, I didn't-"

"This has my handwriting on it, and the date. I made this in the beginning of the week."

"I still didn't steal it. I asked her if I could take it because I was running low on it and she gave me this bottle."

"When?"

"After class today. Avi, just- relax. I'm old enough to know what's right and what's wrong and I am not stealing things from the infirmary."

Avi grumbled and then pushed both the sleeve of his cloak and the one from his shirt up to expose his lower arm. "I already cleaned it before I left my chambers" he mumbled and watched Scott. He was touching his arm lightly, probing and prodding at his rather cold skin. Avi was always cold, he lived in the dungeons, but feeling his colleague's warm hand made him bite his lip. Sure, he could've used a spell to keep himself warm but the wizard preferred to use as wand as little as possible.

"Does it hurt?" Scott asked, covered the table with a dish towel and took the brown bottle to unscrew the cap. He squeezed the rubber piece to fill up the clear glass dropper with liquid before he sat down the bottle and reached around Avi's wrist to gently turn his arm until the underside was facing the ceiling. Then he carefully applied the potion to the infected and rather new spots as well as the older ones that seemed to heal rather slowly.

Instead of answering his question Avi just flinched and then hissed when the solution came in contact with his skin. He balled his hand to a fist and took deep breaths thought his nose, not wanting to show any signs of weakness even though he was aware of how Scott looked at him at the moment. "No, not at all" He pressed out and pumped his fist repeatedly.

"You're lying" the handsome baritone mumbled amused. "No worries, I'm done. Let's get those flowers on." He wiped off the liquid, some blood and even some kind of gooey substance coming from the puncture wounds using several cotton pads, then filled a shallow dish with what seemed to be just water and took long tweezers. "Wanna tell me about your day?"

"No" Avi simply said and watched him pick the yellow flowers with the tweezers, only to dip them in the liquid and place them on the open skin. He watched Scott work for a few minutes and and slowly drank the hot tea. It was good, almost better than the one he usually had, and it quickly calmed his thoughts after the stressful day. Then Avi realized that Scott had been silent. "Scott?"

"Hm?"

"Did I say anything rude?"

"Yeah, you did."

Avi frowned. He hadn't noticed. "Oh..."

"You know, usually people apologize" he mumbled and put the tweezers to the side after pushing down the flowers again, deeper into the wounds, to take the gauze. "But I guess Durmstrang didn't teach you how to do that, hm?"

"No...not really. I'm sorry." The bearded man felt the snug gauze around his skin and kept his sleeve from sliding down while Scott kept working on wrapping up his arm. It didn't feel bad, at least it didn't hurt which, in Avi's eyes, was always good, and he smiled lightly. "Thank you" the Potion Master then said when Scott put some tape over the end to keep it from sliding off. 

"You're welcome, Avi." The baritone got up, threw away the used cotton pads and took his cup before he walked off to the couch, leaving Avi behind.

"My day was okay" the bass then said and followed Scott. "I was outside for a little and the dementors stayed away. I am not the biggest fan of them." He sat down on the couch after taking off his cloak and leaned back. Being with Scott wasn't bad. Even though the man had in some way forced himself into Avi's life he wasn't as intruding as Avi had thought and by now he began to enjoy the company. He liked not having to drink his evening tea by himself.