Saving

"Mr. Hoying!" She gasped as she saw the man in front of her, trying to hold up her beloved Potion Master.

"I'm really sorry, Minvera. Like, for real." He said and grunted when Avi threatened to slip out of his hands. "He's- not teaching tomorrow. Or the day after." Scott held him tighter and if Avi has been conscious he would've slapped the younger teacher for invading his personal space but right now anything else wasn't an option. "I don't think he's teaching at all until the holidays. And I have to go now."

The witch was about to say something when Scott grabbed some of the floo powder, said "Professor Hoying's private rooms" and threw it in the flames. Then he disappeared with the unconscious potion master.

Avi was groaning in discomfort when Scott took him to his chambers. He had never been a fan of the floo network and preferred to walk since it made him dizzy and he wasn't able to breathe properly but right now all he could do was to cough weakly and allow his hurting head to sink back against his colleague's strong chest. 

"Got you, Avi. I'm sorry. It was the fastest way." Scott carried him to the bedroom, laid him down on the bed and unbuttoned his shirt. The thin material wouldn't help in keeping whatever heat was left in Avi's body as it was soaked and freezing cold.

Scott had noticed that his friend was slowly regaining consciousness and proceeded slowly while he kept an eye on him. "You're exhausted, you need to rest. The Dementor almost kissed you" he mumbled and used his wand to cut open his tight jeans. Much to his surprise the man didn't protest.

When the tall baritone was done he pushed his glasses back up and undressed himself to the point where he was only wearing boxers. His glasses landed on the nightstand and he got on the large bed next to Avi. With a deep, shaky breath Scott scooted closed until he felt the Potion Master's cold side against his chest. "Okay?" he asked and held him close. "We need to get you warm."

And Avi didn't protest. Instead he exhaled, unable to communicate but happy to be safe, and turned his head in Scott's direction to lean his cheek against the man's chest. He was desperate for both physical and emotional warmth after what just happened and after years of loneliness he had found someone who was just there and offered him a shoulder to lean on. But instead of letting him rest his tired mind punished him immediately for being so close to Scott and threw him into a dangerous mix of panic and anxiety.

His whole body suddenly tensed and he took a deep breath. As the fear of physical punishment rose Avi got restless and weakly tried to push his colleague away, only half aware of the situation he was in, but instead of succeeding he whimpered weakly when his arms gave in and Scott kept him close against his chest.

"Avi, it's okay. You're okay. This is fine, you don't have to panic, I'm just trying to get you warm. Nobody is going to punish you." He loosened his embrace just a bit to give Avi more room to breathe while he pulled the blanket over the man's back to keep him warm. "Deep breaths. I'm here, you're safe. No punishments." Scott said again and rubbed his lower back.

The potion master arched his back and gasped. "Hurt" he pressed out when he felt the heat of Scott's skin against his body. 

Scott didn't know what to do. He kept holding him tightly, not allowing him to move away. "We- Avi, please, let me help you. Shhht.." He grabbed the squirming man and guided the back of his head agains this collar bone, until Avi's back was against Scott's front. "Okay, stay like this. We have to keep you warm and that requires us touching. I know that it hurts, I know that you want to get away from me, but then I can't help you." 

He didn't know why he was still talking. Maybe to keep himself from freaking out. The man reached over to his nightstand, opened the small drawer and took out a bar of chocolate he kept there in case he got late night munchies. "Open up" he mumbled softly and touched Avi's cold cheek. 

But Avi did not react. He furrowed his brows, even tilted his head lightly, but couldn't understand the meaning behind Scott's words. When the baritone dragged his thumb over his cheek again he parted his lips wide enough for the other man to slide a small piece of chocolate into his mouth. The feel of something on his tongue mixed with the taste and texture of it managed to pull him out of his panic and forced him to focus. 

"Just some chocolate" Scott explained calmly and brushed Avriel's hair back. He fed him more and more, every time Avi opened his mouth wide enough he slipped another piece in until half the bar was gone and the Potion Master hummed. 

Half an hour later he was feeling better and blinked every now and then, looked around for a moment, only to close his eyes again and shift lightly. Scott's arms were still wrapped around him and his hands rested on the man's sides to keep him close. "Scott?"

The baritone sat up slightly. "Yeah?"

"I- the Dementors?"

"Not here. I found you in the forest, Kirstie saw you and told me to go. We're in my bedroom."

Avriel nodded lightly and pushed himself up. "I need a shirt, pants..."

"I had to cut them off, Avi. They were soaking wet. But I can give you a shirt and a pair of sweatpants?"

"I don't wear sweatpants.." he mumbled and turned to Scott, only to almost lose his balance and fall over. "They're hideous."

Scott couldn't help but smile lightly as he held the man by his shoulders. "Lay down, Avi. I'll get you something to wear." Even though he had enjoyed the skin on skin contact a lot, Scott was happy that Avi was recovering slowly, responded and almost back to his own self. He got out of bed and walked over to the wardrobe to take out a pair of sweatpants and a shirt, followed by a set of warm pajamas and a hoodie for the bearded man.