Relaxing

Avi blinked and then frowned when he noticed the darkness around him. He expected a sore neck, maybe a throbbing back as well, but then he felt the soft sheet underneath him and the soft breeze coming from the open window.

The man stretched before he slowly pushed himself up and frowned. He was sure that he had fallen asleep with Scott next to him, but he didn't have any memory that explained how he had made it to bed. His body was covered by a thin blanket and the way his hair was pushed aside told him that Scott must've been involved in some way.

With his hand against the wall and only the light coming from the moon illuminating his house Avi made his way to the guest bedroom. He wasn't really sure why, but his legs brought him right to the edge of the bed and his eyes rested on Scott's face.

Scott was asleep, his lips were slightly parted, and he was on his back with his right arm resting above his head. And then Avi couldn't keep himself from inching closer to cup his cheek and feel the slight stubble against his hand.

Once his skin came in touch with Scott's he felt something inside his chest burst. All the bottled up emotions and feelings he had tried to keep down flooded his body with a force that Avi couldn't hold back a pained grunt and he felt himself leaning against the mattress for support.

"I love you" he whispered with tears in his eyes while his lips grazed over Scott's.

The man's lips moved against him and he exhaled with a sigh. "Is it really that bad to kiss me?" the tall blonde mumbled with a hint of amusement in his voice and then reached out to run his hand over Avi's side.

"Not at all."

Scott chuckled and gently pulled him closer. "C'mere" he hummed and tugged on Avi's arm until the man was under the covers and against Scott's side. "I love you too, Avi."

They agreed to take things slow. Avi needed time and space to get used to the tall baritone in his house, every now and then he flinched whenever Scott made a noise he didn't expect to hear, but after a few days they gravitated towards each other. It wasn't unusual for them to watch a movie together while Avi was tucked against Scott's side with his head resting on the man's shoulder, to bump into each other in the kitchen while they were preparing meals and giggle about it. 

Scott noticed through small details that the bearded man seemed calmer and more relaxed overall. He left the upper two buttons of his shirts open — and blamed it on the heat, but Scott knew that Avi did it for him to he could peek a chest hair or two — or left his hair open and then just bit the corner of his bottom lip whenever the baritone's hands found their way into the thick curls.

One morning, it was Scott's second week in Argentina, he entered the bathroom and saw Avi standing in front of the in dark cloth covered mirror, brushing his teeth. The bearded man wasn't wearing anything but a pair of boxers and Scott noticed the large scar across Avi's chest when he turned around. 

"Scott, what the-"

"Sorry, sorry! I didn't know you were in here" he mumbled quickly and smiled apologetically. "I'm sorry." 

Avriel sighed before he spit out the foamy toothpaste and wiped his mouth after rinsing it. "Don't look.." he mumbled and reached for a dark button up to put it on. Even though Scott had seen the scars on his back before he was still self conscious about them, especially with the addition of the larger one right across his chest, but the baritone just shook his head and approached the smaller man. 

"Why not? You're beautiful." 

"Scott- stop." 

But the baritone walked over to him and pulled the dark cover off the mirror. Then Scott wrapped his arms around Avi's upper body and then rested his chin on his right shoulder. Their eyes met in the mirror and he could feel Avi sighing under him. 

"No. Let me talk, okay? Just for a few minutes. You are the most beautiful man I have ever come across, Avriel. Physically and mentally. Everyone has their flaws but your scars are the summary of your life, of everything you've made it through alive." He pulled his head back and pressed a soft kiss on top of Avi's ear. "Okay? They might not mean a lot to you, but they do to me. They're what makes you you." 

Avriel stayed silent. He didn't say a word, just kept his eyes on Scott's frame and watched his actions though the mirror. He still hated looking at himself but right now the Charms teacher surrounded him, kept him from walking away. As Scott's fingers traveled over his back with a feather like touch he felt goosebumps on his skin. 

"And while I hate that you had to endure so much to get to where you are today they tell your story." 

"Scott- I'm a mess." 

"I don't care. Maybe you are, so what. We all are. We're all just stumbling through life." 

They spent a few more minutes in the bathroom and Avi had closed his eyes as he focused on Scott's calloused fingertips gently tracing the marks on his back. 

He ended with a light kiss against the side of Avi's neck and the bearded man couldn't hold back a breathy moan. He felt warm and fuzzy in Scott's embrace and allowed himself to relax until his shoulders dropped slightly and he felt himself leaning against the man's chest.