Christmas Day (2)

Half an hour later most of the presents were gone and both men, although Scott was in the lead, had a decent stack of things next to them.

"Here" he said and reached for a small package he then handed over to Avi.

Avi frowned. "That's too much, Scott. I already got a whole bunch of things.." The Potion Master looked at the new set of pajamas, a bunch of potion brewing related books and a dark red and blue colored flannel shirt.

"I swear, I had nothing to do with it. Found them on the doormat this morning."

The Potion Master held up the in brown craft paper wrapped present that shimmered in the light of the tree as if it had been covered in a million stars and then rolled his eyes. "It reeks of Kirstie."

"It's definitely from Kirstie" Scott mumbled and grinned, but he held his hands up in defeat. "Still, I didn't say anything. She planned it."

With a deep chuckle Avi reached for the dark blue envelope which had been tucked under the cotton string and broke the golden wax seal. He pulled out the folded parchment and Scott watched while his eyes darted back and forth.

"She calls me an insufferable know it all and the biggest idiot she has ever come across. And I should-" Avi frowned, "fuck off for making you go through hell and back again. But she's happy that I'm alright."

Scott chuckled. "Charming. Well, it can only get better now, huh? She's super protective, Avi. Don't take it personally."

"Oh I won't. This letter is a keeper." The man folded it again and pushed it back into the envelope before he unwrapped the present and found a small, silver pendant on a thin leather necklace. Avriel frowned   "Do I look like the kind of person that wears jewelry?" he asked and had a closer look at it.

"It would suit you. Mitch has an earring and I wear a bracelet with the same pendant. I believe that Kirstie has a long necklace. She made them a few years ago as some kind of...friendship things, I guess."

Avriel looked up at him. "A few weeks ago she told me that I was part of the pack but- I didn't know it was that serious. I'm just you guys don't do anything that involves slicing your hands open and all that...blood brother thing."

"Merlin, no. Did they do that in Durmstrang?"

"Yeah, quite often." Avi kept looking at the necklace before he handed it to Scott. "Can you help me put it on? Please? I want to see how it looks. I've never had a necklace or any type of jewelry except the beads around my braids." He ran his hand through his hair and combed it aside so Scott would have an easier time fastening the necklace.

Avriel felt goosebumps appearing under his pajama when Scott's fingertips came in contact with his pale and sensitive skin on his neck. He shuddered softly and closes his eyes for a moment, pulled his shoulders up slightly but high enough for Scott to notice.

"Almost done" the baritone mumbled and moved Avi's hair back over his neck. When the bass turned around and showed him the necklace with the pendant resting on his broad chest on his dark chest hair Scott smiled. "I think it it suits you well. Not too much, rather subtle, but still beautiful. And it doesn't look feminine at all."

"Yeah...it's beautiful. I'll write her a letter later today. Speaking of-" Avi began to smile and disappeared into the bedroom before he came back a moment later with an in cloth wrapped present. "I got you something as well."

"Avi-"

"No. You did so much for me in the past few months. I know that I'm neither an easy person nor a joy to be around sometimes, my behavior can be irritating and I lack compassion, all that. I know. And you know too, but you're still here."

Scott knew how hard it was for Avi to say these words, but he stayed silent and listened to what the man had to say.

"I appreciate your help and during the past few weeks I realized how much I missed someone like you being there" he said and sat down on the wooden floor again. "I never really had a friend and...you just accepted me the way I am. You, Mitch and Kirstie." Avriel handed him the present and smiled lightly. He was nervous how Scott would react.

The baritone sniffled lightly and quickly wiped away a stray tear that threatened to make its way down his cheek. "You're sweet, Av" the tall blonde mumbled and looked at the present. He gasped softly when he opened it and found a small vial right on top of what seemed to be- "bubble wrap?"

"Sorry, ugly as hell. But works wonderfully" Avi mumbled and scratched the back of his head.

But Scott was already distracted by the contents of the vial. "Avriel, you have to be kidding me. Do you have any idea how much even half the amount of Felix Felicis costs?"

"Yep, I sell quite a bunch of it to the big stores all across the world. It's not much, but-"

"You're crazy. I'm not the worst at potion brewing but...I fucked it up often enough to never even just think of trying to brew it again." Scott took the vial and held it against the light coming from outside through the large windows. It really was the prettiest liquid gold he had ever seen, which was an indicator for incredibly high quality and flawless brewing.

Avriel couldn't help but smile. Watching Scott being all happy about a present he had come up with did something to him and he felt his heart skipping a beat not only once but twice when the baritone gasped again and reached for a large book that had been covered by the protective layer.

"You didn't get me the absolute rarest and most wanted Charms book of all times?"

"Maybe I did."

The baritone opened it and then looked at Avi after touching the pages. "How much did you get for your kidney and which one did you sell?"

This time the bearded man laughed. He stretched and then gathered half of his hair in his hands to hold it out of his face before he let go again with a smile. "I still have both. And don't worry about money, Scott. It was more than worth it to spend a few coins on something that important to you. Merry Christmas."