20

Jisung's POV

We are on our way to Namsan Tower. She's driving the car. I want to drive but I can't. I wanted to comfort her even more but how? I don't even know what happened. I don't know if it's okay to ask her, I don't want to offend her or make her cry again.

"Hyuri"

"Hmm?" she answered while driving

"What do you want to do at the Namsan Tower? Do you want to eat something?"

"Nothing. I just want to relax" Hyuri answered

"Don't you want to hear my beautiful voice?"

She smiled a bit "Whatever, but I think that's the thing I needed the most right now"

"But I am so sorry. I think I can't sing for you. I just got home from a concert and my voice is a bit not in the mood"

"Maybe next time" Hyuri whispered

What should I do? She's really sad right now. She suddenly parked the car at the side because we will be riding the escalator here then the cable car to the to get to the very top.

"Hyuri"

"Hmm?" she looked at me

"Sorry, I can't sing right now" I said while looking to her eyes which is full of sadness "But I think this can be the replacement just to comfort you" I smiled and hugged her

"W-What are you doing?" Hyuri

"I want to make you feel better. I want to comfort in a simplest yet meaningful way"

Hyuri hugged me tightly "Thank you but we need to go now. It's getting late"

We both let go of the hug and got out of the car. We walked to the outdoor escalator. We rode it to the the floor where the cable car are.

"Hyuri, you ride the first cable car then I'll ride the second one"

"Why? We can ride in one cable car" Hyuri

"You need to have some time alone. I mean the problems, you need to process it to yourself. We will talk once we both reached the top"

"Okay. I'll see you at the top" Hyuri smiled and got in the cable car

I watched it move away. I got in the second cable car which is empty as well. There's no one here. I think because it's not weekend or holiday. Everyone is busy. I watched Hyuri cry and sob in the first cable car which is in front of me. I can see how she tried to calm herself and wiped her tears over and over again. You'll be fine.

After 15 minutes of riding the cable car. We finally reached the very top of namsan tower where the love padlock happens. I saw Hyuri waiting for me. I got out of the cablr car and held her hand.

"Why is this place so empty?" Hyuri asked

"It's weekdays"

"Right! I forgot" Hyuri said

We both went to the railing where you can see the city night view of Seoul.

"It's beautiful, right?"

"Yes, it is. It's also relaxing" Hyuri smiled

I held her hand tight and caress it using my left hand "Hyuri, I don't want to ask what happened because that's not important. What matters right now is you need someone to be with you. But if you want to tell me, I will listen"

She smiled at me "It's just hard for me. I never thought my Dad can do that to Mom. She kept her silence all these years and never tried to ruin my Dad to me. She let me live with Dad although he did something bad to her. Yes, I admit, I hated my Mom and brother. I thought they don't remember me anymore but I was wrong. They still cared for me and never tried to leave me. Mom must've suffered a lot but she stayed strong and forget everything"

"Your Mom and brother. They both love you and cared for you although you are happy living with your half brothers, step-mother and your Dad. I just hope you will understand what happened today. Because who knows? This might be the first one you will face. What if next time you will face a bigger one? You have to stay strong and braver, you only have yourself"

"What do you mean? Of course I have you" Hyuri

"Hyuri, not all the time I am here with you. I mean maybe I am always beside you but you can't see me. You know maybe we are far from each other but I am still here for you"

"Are you leaving? If you are. I will go with you" Hyuri

"You can't-"

"So, you are leaving? W-When?" Hyuri

"I'm not going to leave and where am I supposed to go? You are the only one who assumed I will leave"

"I was just shocked because of what you just said. Anyways, do you know what I wanted to do the most?" Hyuri

"What is it?"

"I want to die" Hyuri whispered

"H-Hyuri, you shouldn't say that. You have to live and continue living happily"

"I was just kidding. Why are you so serious?" Hyuri giggled and took out her phone "Let's take a picture"

I sighed and we both took a lot of pictures. She captured a lot not even looking if it's nice or not. She didn't even checked once.

"We have to go but let's try this love padlock" I said and handed her the love padlock "You write anything you want"

"Hmm" Hyuri answered and quickly wrote at the two locks "Let's lock it" Hyuri said

We both locked it and she put the key, where all the keys of love padlocks are.

"What did you wrote?"

"I wrote that we should end up together and you will not leave my side no matter what happens" Hyuri smiled