25

Rowoon's POV

I woke up and felt my head ache "Damn it" I whispered and held my head

My phone started ringing.

Hwiyoung calling...

"Hmm?"

[Where are you? Are you on your way?]

"I-I just woke up"

[Oh okay. I'll tell Youngbin to pick you up]

"Thank you"

[Are you okay?]

"Ofcourse"

[It's about last night]

"That? That's nothing. I'll go and move now"

[Okay, sure. I'll see you later]

"See you" I ended the call

I took a quick bath and wore my school uniform. I packed an extra shirt in my bag and put everything I need for our practice later. I went downstairs and wore my shoes when I received a call again.

Youngbin calling...

[I'm about to turn right. Where are you?]

"Waiting"

[Hmm okay]

"I'll go out now"

[Good. I'll see you]

"Okay" I ended the call and got out of my house, I locked the door and waited in front of my gate

I saw a red car coming, it's not just Youngbin, he is with Zuho and Inseong. I ran towards the car and got in, I am sitting at the backseat with Inseong. I stayed quiet as Youngbin started driving to our school.

"It was really creepy when I heard about Hyuri that she met Chani at the playground" Zuho

"Aren't you supposed to be happy? I mean it's really scary to see ghosts but Chani isn't showing up to you. If he did, you will probably ran and will go crazy" Inseong

"What exactly happened last night, Rowoon?" Youngbin

"As what I've said, I saw her going somewhere carrying her bags, I followed her because I felt worried. I saw her entering house which is Chani's. I entered and she saw me. She asked why am I there I told her I followed her because I am worried. I asked back she said she's going to stay there for the mean time. At first I was confused because the house is really creepy, the owner died and the house is empty for two years now. I asked her one more time, she said she's friends with the owner, Chani. I thought she's joking around and tried to confirm. She said it was Kang Chani, the owner of the house. I even showed her a picture she said it was really him, she met him at the playground two days after she got here"

"Are you scared when you heard about it?" Inseong

"To be honest, I hate ghosts but the fact it was Chani. I didn't felt scared, I felt happy knowing he is still in the house and he is taking care of Hyuri. I told her Chani died two years ago, then she started crying and running around the house looking for somone. That's it"

"It must've been hard for Hyuri" Youngbin

"I heard she got into a fight with her brother because what she find out about her Dad and Mom. What if she's imagining things or she's crazy?" Zuho

"She's not crazy. I am sure she's not crazy. I believe her that she really saw and talked to Chani. It's possible if a person died he can't leave because he still have some unfinished business"

"We're here" Youngbin parked the car

We all got out of the car and saw Dawon waiting for us

"They are already at the court. Are you guys going to practice?" Dawon

"Do we have a choice?" Inseong

"Nope" Dawon

"Let's go"

"Rowoon, someone wants to talk to you at the garden" Dawon

"Who?" Zuho

"Yoo Hyuri" Dawon

I nodded "I'll just follow you guys. I'll talk to her"

"Bye!" Inseong

They all went to the direction where the court is. I went straight to the garden and saw Hyuri sitting at the bench.

I took a deep breath and quietly sat beside her "You want to talk to me?"

"H-Huh? Ah, yeah. Sorry. I didn't noticed you" Hyuri

"No worries. I know you are in deep thoughts after what you find out"

"Do you also think I'm crazy?" Hyuri asked

"To be honest, no. I believe that you can really see Chani. I believe you"

"Thank you, Rowoon" Hyuri

"So, why do you want to talk to me? What is it?"

"You know that I can see and talk to Chani. He wants to tell you something" Hyuri took a deep breath, I stayed quiet "He wants to tell you that he wanted to save you. You shouldn't blame yourself and just move on. He saw how you suffered in pain for two years for blaming yourself. He said that you should accept everything that happened. You are always saving him from bullies since you two were young and saving you from the incident isn't enough to pay you back. He said he was sorry for always teasing you a lot"

"H-He said that?"

Hyuri nodded "He wants to leave this world but he can't because you kept blaming yourself. Let him go he needs to rest now"

"I-"

"The code of his locker is your brithday. He wants you to open it" Hyuri said and left me at the garden

Why would he pay back?! It was my duty to save him just like what I promised to his parents.

I ran to the locker room and quickly went to Chani's room which is between Taeyang and Inseong's locker. I entered the code 080796. It suddenly unlocked. I slowly opened the locker and saw his ball, jersey, shoes, school needs, and a lot of pictures glued on the locker's door. It was all of us, some were partners by partners, the other one is our pictures during primary and secondary. I saw some pictures of Taeyang, Inseong, Zuho, Youngbin, Dawon, Jaeyoon, Hwiyoung, me and Chani. There's a note on the side.

"Thank you, hyung"