2. 𝓣𝓱𝓮 𝓛𝓪𝓴𝓮 {𝓣𝓱𝓸𝓻𝓯𝓲𝓷𝓷 𝓧 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻}

♡from vinland saga♡

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

THE LAKE {THORFINN X READER}

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

Y/N walked towards the lake where her Viking companion, Thorfinn, was resting. They weren't exactly friends, but she was quite fond of the mysterious boy. She could stare into his chocolate brown eyes for days and never get tired of the beautiful colour. She had many urges to ruffle his flaky blonde hair but never acted on them due to his cold attitude. Y/N knew that if she even lightly touched Thorfinn, he would instantly smack her hand away without batting an eyelash.

As she approached the lake, she saw Thorfinn laying down on the green grass beside it, gazing up at the bright blue sky. She plopped down next to him and brought her knees to her chest. "When are Askeladd and his crew coming back?" She asked as she tied her (hair/colour) hair up into a loose ponytail.

Thorfinn grunted in response, his head resting on his crossed arms. That was his way of saying, 'I don't know.'

Y/N sighed as she gazed at the boy laying down next to her. She remembered the day they first met. It was a little over a year ago and Askeladd's Vikings had killed everyone in her village. She hid beneath the table of her house as she watched her family being slaughtered to death. When she finally gained to courage to stand up to the Vikings that had raided her village, she showed off her excellent combat skills with a mere kitchen knife. She cut Bjorn's finger off, which is why Askeladd took her in his group instead of killing her.

The first person her eyes landed on was Thorfinn, the scowling boy in the shadow, arrogantly leaning against the wall. He gave her a look of jealousy that said, 'I could have done that better.' Ever since then, she felt an evergrowing connection between each other.

Thorfinn and Y/N were similar. They both hated Askeladd for killing their family members. They both swore they would avenge them by killing the man. This caused an inevitable rivalry to occur between Thorfinn and Y/N. Who would get to duel Askeladd next?

So when Y/N plopped down on the grass next to Thorfinn, Thorfinn immediately hid his feelings by refusing to talk to her. Y/N didn't notice, but there was a slight blush on Thorfinn's cheeks as he glimpsed at her beautiful body. He desperately wanted to reach out and touch her, feel her elegant skin against his rough hands, but his arrogance got the better of him.

"I can't believe Askeladd left us out of the raid at the market place. I desperately need gold, but no. We must 'guard the horses.'" Y/N rolled her eyes and sighed. "The damn horses can guard themselves."

Thorfinn couldn't restrain himself any longer. A quiet scoff escaped his mouth that seemed to be his version of a laugh, but Y/N wasn't sure since it was Thorfinn after all.

"What?" She said, raising an eyebrow in confusion. Thorfinn rolled his eyes at her and sat up. He gazed at the lake in front of him, which was flowing with graceful blue waves rushing up the shore now and then. The lake lay silver in the bright light of the noon sun, not a perfect ovoid but irregular like an ink-splat on ageing concrete. The rippled water ran right into the crevices, washing the soil from the rocks. Around the edges were pines, chaotic in their spacing but never more than a few feet without a tree.

"You're so damn annoying all the time," Thorfinn muttered, speaking his first words of the day.

Y/N clapped her hands, sarcastically congratulating Thorfinn. "Good job, Thorfinn. Your first words! I can't wait to see you walk for the first time!" She jeered, giving Thorfinn a cheerful smile.