13. 𝓣𝓱𝓾𝓷𝓭𝓮𝓻𝓼𝓽𝓸𝓻𝓶 {𝓩𝓮𝓷𝓲𝓽𝓼𝓾 𝓧 𝓡𝓮𝓪𝓭𝓮𝓻}

♡from demon slayer♡

⭑*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•*⭑

THUNDERSTORM {ZENITSU X READER}

**•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚  ˚*•̩̩͙✩•̩̩͙*˚*

"Zenitsu, it's starting to rain!" Y/N called out to her orange-haired roommate. Her forehead was pressed against the window pane as raindrops splattered across it. Zenitsu rushed towards the window and gazed at the weather with wide eyes.

"Beautiful," he muttered. The millions of raindrops cascaded from the confident gray sky and dripped down the window pane of their room. It is the sort of weather that washes everything anew, bringing deep puddles into which children splash. And in that happy congregation of water and air, is the sense of being alive, that from such beautiful simplicity comes everything they love, the flora, the fauna, the very essence of nature.

Y/N looked up at the awe-struck boy, blushing at his adorableness. She had a crush on him since the first day they met. They were assigned as roommates at their college and at first Y/N was nervous about having a male roommate. After getting to know Zenitsu, that anxiousness washed away and they quickly became best friends. Zenitsu would never make her feel uncomfortable and he respected her privacy, although that may come from the fact that he is quite anxious himself.

"Do you think there will be a thunderstorm?" Y/N asked, averting her gaze from her cute best friend. She hoped that it would not turn into a thunderstorm, as those scare her a lot. Especiially when lightning strikes.

Zenitsu shrugged, his head still stuck to the glass. "We'll see if it gets more violent. But for now, Y/N, don't go outside," he sternly ordered, peering down at her (e/c) eyes.

Y/N raised her eyebrows, never before seeing Zenitsu this stern before. "What do you mean? It's just a little bit of rain."

A little bit of pink colour dusted his pale cheeks as he stuffed his hands in his pockets and walked away, ignoring Y/N's comment. Zenitsu plopped down on his bed and placed his orange headphones over his ears, tuning out the world. Y/N shrugged, oblivious to Zenitsu's sudden shift in behaviour, and walked towards her bed, on the other side of the compact room.

Y/N began to do her homework, when suddenly, a loud bang could be heard outside. The two roommates jerked their heads up and quickly rushed towards their window. They realized that lightning had struck. Black clouds sprawl across the sky, billowing in from the west. Their brassy glare drains colour from houses and trees and burnished cars in driveways, leaving neighbourhoods tinted bronze in the faltering light. The air grows heavy and the humidity presses down, suffocating. The scent of rain is dark and heady. A stillness falls over the street, and in the silence comes a low crackle of thunder, rolling across rooftops to the pattering of tiny raindrops. For a moment, everything stops. Even the wind holds its breath. A streak of hot silver splits the sky, and the violent downpour begins.

Y/N bit her lip as her heart twisted and sunk with nerves. Fear enveloped her body as she backed away from the window, her nauseous stomach twisting violently. She quickly rushed towards her bed with a giddy spring to her step, as she slipped underneath her covers, shivering.

"Y/N? What's wrong?" Zenitsu asked, noticing her anxious behaviour. Y/N whimpered in response and pulled the duvet over her head, praying for the weather to go away. Zenitsu slowly approached Y/N and sat at the edge of her bed. He peeled off the covers from her head, but Y/N quickly pulled it back up.

"Leave me alone!" she exclaimed, shifting to her side so that her back was facing Zenitsu.

Zenitsu raised his eyebrows in confusion. Then lightning strikes again, and a scream escapes Y/N's mouth. Zenitsu's mouth hangs open, as he realizes what's wrong. "Y/N, are you scared of the thunderstorm and lightning?" he softly asked, leaning towards her. His body gently pressed against her arms.

Y/N bit her lip and shook her head in response, too ashamed to say it out loud. Zenitsu lets out a little chuckle. "You're so cute, Y/N," he mutters, peeling the covers off her face. This time Y/N lets him, but only to scold him.

"Stop laughing at me!" she said, lightly smacking his head. She suddenly noticed how close their faces were, but not so close that their noses were touching. She breaths in his flowery aroma and it soothes her nerves.

"Listen, Y/N. I used to be scared of lightning too," Zenitsu said, giving her a warm smile. His smile glowed with happiness, that caused Y/N to be pulled towards him, like a magnet. "And do you know what I would do to cope with my fear?" he asked, as his fingers lightly grazed Y/N's soft skin. Y/N nodded her head, urging him to continue. "I would hug myself, or, uh, my grandfather. I would hug someone I love and wait out the storm. It really soothed my-"

Zenitsu stopped talking abruptly when Y/N swiftly latched herself on to him. Her arms wrapped around his lanky body as she melted against his warmth. "Is it okay if I..?" she mumbled, placing her head in his shoulder curve.

"Y-Yeah..." Zenitsu croaked, as his face reddened. "Um, yeah! Of course. No problem," he breathed. He turned around and hoisted Y/N on his lap, so that her back was facing him and his arms were wrapped around her. He placed his chin on her shoulder and gently rocked back and forth with her, as the storm raged on outside. But inside, it was warm and cozy. Especially underneath Zenitsu's grasp.

Oh my gosh... we're cuddling... Y/N realized, after a moment. Her heart skipped a beat and her breath got caught in her throat. Heat rose to her cheeks as she turned to face Zenitsu with wide eyes. Zenitsu gave her a knowing smile and brushed a strand of her (h/c) hair to the side. "Y/N... are you still scared?" he asked, as thunder boomed in the background.

The quivering Y/N nodded, although Zenitsu's touch warmed her, it was not enough to escape the roaring thunder outside. "Yeah...." she confessed, drooping her head down.

Zenitsu grinned and tilted her chin up. "Maybe a kiss would help?" he asked, biting his tender pink lips. Y/N blushed profusely and widened her eyes, realizing that their feelings were mutual. Without hesitation she slammed her lips against Zenitsu, who recoiled in shock. "Woah! I was waiting for you to say yes," he said, laughing.

"Yes!" Y/N said, grinning widely. Unexpectedly, his hand drifted to her hip. It settled there and pulled her closer. She inhaled sharply. She was against his warm chest, chiseled to perfection. Must he be so perfect? She splayed her hand against it, intending to push him away, but instead she left it there. His breathing quickened as did hers. He began nuzzling her neck with delicate kisses. So faint, they were whispers. She urged herself to push away, but couldn't. Her limp body began to tremble uncontrollably. His head was angled slightly to the side as his lips came closer and closer to hers. She was surprised to find her own lips parted. Their breaths mingled. Her heart fluttered inside her chest. It was a delicate butterfly of a kiss.

He kissed her and the world fell away. It was slow and soft, comforting in ways that words would never be. His hand rested below her ear, his thumb caressing her cheek as their breaths mingled. She ran her fingers down his spine, pulling him closer until there was no space left between them and she could feel the beating of his heart against her chest.

After a while of passionate kissing, the thunder rolled away, and all that was left were two lovers.

a/n: this was really cute and wholesome, i had so much fun writing! might do more demon slayer oneshots ;) if y'all want anything specific please request them on the REQUESTS page <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧