Twenty-one; die a happy man

"If all I got is your hand in my hand "

The blonde model drove down the road to his other best friend/fashion designer house praying to any god that she was awake at this hour which normally she is since he doesn't wanna be home right now especially not after he had the fight with his fiancé.

Luke parked in the driveway seeing the kitchen light on letting out the breath he didn't even know he was holding in out getting out the car locking the doors walking up to the front door before he could even knock the door flew open and there stood his best friend with a confused look on her face.

"Luke,What are you doing here so late? " the girl asked softly opening the door so the blonde man could walk inside the house running a hand though his hair and his blue eyes red and puffy from crying on the way over here.

"We um...we had a fight " the blonde model said rubbing his already puffy eyes standing  in the entrance of his best friends house while she was running a hand though her hair looking at the male with a sorry look on her face but also a confused one since the last he was here crying it was before a divorce.

Sierra walked with the blonde to the kitchen pouring him a glass of wine for him while also pouring a glass of wine for her looking up at her best friend holding her glass after sliding the other glass towards him "so what happened,was it bad? Or was it just a normal fight? " she asked softly taking a sip from her glass.

"I came home a little later than I expected and I forgot to call him and tell him " the blonde said running a free hand though his hair leaning back on the barstool taking a sip of his wine looking up at his best friend.

"So basically the same fight you and Alex had way back when "

"It ended with him saying now he gets why Alex left me " Luke said whining some leaning his head back before looking back at the girl who was in front of him leaning on the counter.

Sierra took a sip from her glass looking at the blonde "Luke it's your guys first big fight of course y'all both will angry and upset at each other till y'all talk " she said setting her glass in her sink.

"I just don't like that he's mad at me "

"Luke y'all will fight but the key is to talk to each other for y'all cool down "

"Yeah I guess " the blonde said taking the last sip of his wine leaning back on the barstool setting the glass on counter looking at his best friend with a small smile "thanks I really need that "

"Of course I'm always here for you "

*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
Ashton had taken a shower and was laying back on his side of the bed looking over at his phone seeing no texts or calls from his fiancé maybe he just needed to cool down or maybe just needed a break but all red haired man knew was he felt bad for yelling at the blonde man.

It was all peacefully and quite till he heard a small sniffle looking up and over at the doorway seeing Skylar rubbing her red and puffy eyes holding her other hand on the door knob staring at the red haired man.

"Papa,are you okay? " she asked softly pushing the door open and walking inside the room over to the bed standing somewhat in front the older man.

"Yeah I'm okay sweetie " Ashton said now sitting up on the bed looking over at the eight year old who was climbing up on the bed and sitting on the other side of the bed rubbing her eyes softly.

"You look sad papa? " she said in a questionable tone sitting on the bed crossing her legs and her arms staring the red haired man down yeah maybe she's eight but just like how she can her dad is upset she can tell when her papa is upset as if it was some sort of superpower "did you and papa have a fight? "

Ashton chuckled softly sitting up running his hand though the little girls hair "you are too smart for your own good " he said leaning back on the headboard looking at the eight year old who was basically giving him a life lesson on his own love life with her father.

"Daddy always tell me and sissy to talk it out then hug " she said twirling the end of her hair looking at her papa moving so she was sitting on his lap looking up at him with a wide smile.

"Oh yeah you think me and daddy should hug it out " he said/asked looking down at the little girl rubbing her back softly rocking her back and forth to try and get her to go back to sleep.

Skylar nodded looking up at him rubbing her sleepy eyes yawning softly "you love daddy, daddy loves you " she mumbled sleepily leaning her head on the red haired mans chest slowly falling back asleep holding onto the red haired mans shirt tightly.

The older man slowly got up from the bed holding the eight year old in his arms walking down to the girls room to lay her back down hoping she stays asleep till the mornings he laid her down covering her up with the covers and kissing her forehead softly leaving the room with a soft good night and a love you before walking down the stairs to the kitchen.

Ashton sat down at the bar taking slow sips of the orange juice he had poured staring at the light above the sink just thinking where his fiancé he could be after he left those thoughts flew out the window when heard the door close and entered his blonde haired fiancé who looked just as upset as the photographer.

"Hey lu " the red haired man said softly looking up at he blonde who walked to the counter resting his hands on the countertop looking at him as well his blue eyes red and puffy from you could say crying.

The blonde bites his bottom lip looking at his fiancé "if all I got is your hand in mine I can die a happy man " he said in a soft voice looking at him walking over to the red haired man holding his hands in his fiancés hands.

Ashton looks up at the model looking into his blue eyes "Luke honey i- " he said stuttering holding the blondes hand not really knowing what else to say to be honest.

Luke looks at him "don't talk you were right I should've texted you to let you know I was running late " he said softly playing with the older mans fingers breathing in and out softly keeping a hard grip on his fiancés hand.

"Luke I'm not mad anymore I was just worried something happened because you never called or text " the red haired man said standing up from the barstool and kissing the blondes cheek softly.

"Now come on let's get to bed before we have to wake up once again to get the kids to school "

Luke nodded didn't really know what to say considering he let it all out at sierras place grabbing a hold of the older mans hand following him up the stairs to the master bedroom both men falling down on the bed cuddling up to each other and slowly falling asleep to get a few hours of asleep before the girls woke up for school.

And before a model and a photographer had a big meeting with a wedding planner since neither of them knew what to do with the wedding.

*************************************************

Was this short? Possibly but kinda of wanted to update it so I can get on to the good stuff so here's a short but soft chapter.

~ SAM