chapter 21 : naira blames herself

Naira and Kartik both got changed into normal wears from their wedding clothes.

Naira was applying some makeup on the spots where she had some light bruises. She decided to cover them up.

Kartik who noticed it walked towards her and hugged her from the back starling Naira

"I'm sorry Naira...!"he said

"For what?"Naira asked

"For not being there for you....!"Kartik said and Naira looked at him facing him.

"Why are you feeling so guilty Kartik? It wasn't your fault!"Naira said touching his cheek.

"You went through so much and i wasn't there..on the top I didn't have any idea what you were going through...!"Kartik kept on going but stopped when Naira placed her finger on his lips.

"You talk too much..stop saying sorry okay? I am okay naa...don't worry...!"Naira said wrapping her hands around his neck.

"Don't keep thinking about it. I am glad that I am here. I am glad that we got married. I am glad that you are by my side now...!"Naira said touching her forehead with kartik's and later touching their noses.

"Kartik,Naira?"Suvarna called knocking on the door.

"Haa Maa please come in....!"Kartik said. Suvarna opened the door and walked in.

"Lunch is prepared. Please come...!"she said

"Haa Maa we will come..!"Naira said with a smile.

Suvarna nodded and went off.

Naira was about to go but Kartik stopped pulling her close to him.

"Naira I promise you nothing will happen to you. I am with you now. I won't let anyone lay their finger on you!"Kartik said kissed on naira's forehead.

The family spent their lunch time happily talking and joking trying to distract Naira but Naira was lost in her thoughts.

She was scared. Kabir is released and she knew he will come for her.

Kartik who sat next to Naira noticed Naira lost in on her thoughts.

He placed his hand on hers gently pressing it a little. She looked at him.

"What happened? You seemed so lost in your thoughts...!"Kartik whispered

"Kuch nahi Kartik..everything is okay..!"Naira replied with a fake small smile.

After the lunch was over Kartik went to his room. Naira noticed Manish speaking over to speak someone outside. It was about some company stuff.

Naira walked out and stood behind him.

Manish ended the call and turned around to see Naira with a worried expression.

"Naira? Beta is everything okay? You look worried!"Manish asked in concern

"Woh papa...I need to talk to you about something very important!"Naira said

"Haa Naira what is it?"Manish asked

"Papa since Kabir is out all of our family members need to be very careful. He will do whatever he needs to get revenge on me and Kartik...he will hurt anyone who comes in his way...I think we should increase the security around our house and we also should stop going out. You,Akhilesh And Samarth Chachu and Kartik also should work from home...!"Naira said

"Haa beta I can understand what you say. And as you say we will stay home. All of us will. I will hire more security around the house. I even spoke to the police commissioner about Kabir. They said they will try to catch him as soon as possible...!"Manish said and Naira nodded.