chapter 22 : kartik's surprise

Kartik delayed the surprise because he had to go to the police station to fill in the complaint.

Kartik along with Manish entered the house and saw Naira chatting with Suvarna and Gayu normally.

When Naira didn't noticed Kartik he signaled Gayu to take her into the kitchen and don't allow her to come upstairs.

Gayu nodded and thought for an excuse.

"Naira? Shall we go prepare the dinner tonight? It's been so long since we made dinner na?"Gayu asked with a smile.

"Haa okay Gayu di...!"Naira said and stood up. Kartik gave Gayu thumbs up and smiled.

"But why shall you two make dinner? We have servants right!"Manish said not knowing the plan making Kartik groan

Manish looked at Kartik who was shaking his head in no.

Kartik stopped shaking his head when Naira looked at him. She gave him a questioning look and he smiled.

"Manish Ji...let them cook naa...!"Suvarna said air quoting the word cook making Manish realize.

"Ahh okay okay...Naira it's been so long since I had dinner made by you. Please make me something delicious!"Manish said

"Haan okay papa...!"Naira said with a small smile and went into the kitchen with Gayu.

Suvarna and Kartik rushed towards Manish

"What is this papa? Can't you see what we are trying to do!"Kartik said

"Haa Manish Ji you almost ruined kartik's surprise!"Suvarna said

"Arey yaar I didn't know naa. You should have told me...I'm sorry..."Manish said.

"It's okay. Now Kartik go...we will hold her off down here till dinner go!"Suvarna said and Kartik nodded heading upstairs.

After an hour he finally finished decorating the room with lights and flowers and all.

"Your mood will be happy again once you see this again my jaaneman!"Kartik said to himself with a smile and went off downstairs for dinner.

After dinner was over Naira was busy cleaning stuff in kitchen along with Gayu.

"Papa,Maa...!"Kartik whispered and they looked at him.

"Can you please make Kairav sleep with you for tonight?"Kartik asked

"Didn't I tell you?"Manish joked and Suvarna chuckled.

"Tell what?"Kartik asked cluelessly.

"It's nothing Kartik. I told your Maa that you will ask us this favor and you did!"Manish said and laughed.

"Now go. We will look after Kairav go...!"Manish said and Kartik went upstairs to make on last check on the arrangements.

After ten minutes Naira was finished with her work.

"Baby come on..lets go!"Naira said walking towards Kairav who was playing with Manish and Suvarna

"Naira if you don't mind let Kairav sleep with us tonight. Me and Manish Ji want to sleep with him!"Suvarna said and looked at Manish to back her up.

"Haan Naira...!"Manish said

"But papa...Kairav?"Naira asked looking at her son.

"Kairav? Will you sleep with me and your Dadu tonight?"Suvarna asked Kairav sweetly.

"Okay!"Kairav replied with a smile.

"Okay then. If you need anything call me. Good night...!"Naira said with a smile and went off upstairs.