Chapter-5

Abeer's POV

I was all ready and was going out of my room when dad came in.

"Dad I'm all set. Is Emma ready" I asked slipping into my Juties(shoes)

"Abeer!!" Came dad's heavy voice and I looked at him.

"Dad. What happened. One minute. Did you cry dad" I asked concerned

"Emma ran away" he whispered

"Dad. Is that really a time to joke? " I asked

"I'm dead serious Abeer. That girl ran away" dad whisper yelled

"What are you talking dad. Wait. She might have gone somewhere. I'll call her" I said pulling out my phone from pocket.

"Abeer. She has ran away. Do you get that. She ran away leaving this for you. Her phone will not be reachable." Dad yelled throwing a letter on bed.

I looked at him. He was sad, devastated and angry at the same time.

I slowly walked towards bed with heavy steps and looked the letter. It had Abeer written on it.

With trembling hands I opened the letter.

Dear Abeer
I known I'm doing wrong but you know me right. My work and my dreams are more important then anything else in this world. I was already not much convinced to marry! Today When I was having a meeting with Director he offered me a movie. You can understand right how much I was trying for my debut in Hollywood. It will make me a famous star just in a night. I got that Abeer and if I would've married you I would've lost it. I don't want to marry now! I don't want to marry ever. I can't just put a full stop to my career by marring you. I can't afford that. I'm leaving India right now. Don't try to call me. I won't be reachable. It's over. I'm done. I know you'll be sad but I'm sure you'll come over it and me soon.  I'll not regret it. Better you too don't regret it.

Good Bye.
Emma

I looked at the letter and looked at dad.

She knew that I won't have stopped her from working ever even after marriage!! Still, she ran away! Being selfish!!!

I called Emma but her phone was unreachable.

"Damn" I shouted and threw my phone on the glass which shattered in pieces.