Chapter-69

Meera's POV

And finally I'm going to my office!! Abeer was sitting beside me holding my hand!!

"You're looking very beautiful. I mean it dosen't look as if you're the same Meera who used to roam around in Kurties, shorts,palazzos" He said and I chuckled
" You'll get used to it now" I replied
" So!! First day! What's the plan" he asked
" First of all addressing the staff and then meeting the heads of every department. Then reviewing the deals that are pending and then.." I was saying when he cut me off
" That's it ! You can't do everything in one day. So don't exaggrate yourself on the first day" He told and I nodded.
Soon we reached office and I stepped out !!
As soon as we stepped out the media surrounded us!
" Damn" I cursed and Abeer looked at Joseph and George.

All the bodyguards surrounded us from all sides.

"Mr.Malhotra!! This news has spread today morning as fast as viral!! What you will say on this" Asked a reporter
"Where you were these all years Meera Kapoor. Why didn't you come in front of the world" Asked another.

 Abeer held my hand tightly and  we walked towards the gate.

" Mr.Abeer Malhotra,is that the reason you married her. After all she's today the richest person of Europe and you of Asia" shouted one of the reporter and I stopped .

" Meera!! Don't !! They're useless!" Abeer said but I turned to that reporter.

" Why did he married me or I married him is none of your concern. You might  not understand the meaning of something called love and I pity you that you don't !! He too didn't know anything when he married me still loved me as Meera!! Not as Meera Kapoor but you people will not understand it because you want a gossip from our lives and I'm really sorry that you won't get anything from here that will raise the TRP of your channels. So now you may get lost" I growled and everyone looked shocked and a bit with fear at me.

Yeah!! It included  Abeer too!!

But he looked more amused!!

We went straight inside the office and as soon as we entered each and every staff member stood up from their seat wishing good morning! 

"Good morning madam" came a voice and I turned back smiling.
" And she looks perfect " I whispered to Abeer and he chuckled.
I looked around and everyone was looking at me as if I'm a ghost!!

" Take your seats everyone!!" I announced.

" So for the first time in life on time!! " I said to Divya and she smiled.
" Abeer! " I whispered calling him towards podium.
" Go!!  Its your call" He said and I smiled going to the podium.

" A very good morning everyone. I'm Meera Kapoor Malhotra! Your new CEO!! I know you all must be thinking very much that how all of a sudden a Meera Kapoor came in sight who died ten years before and what she's doing here now!! So everything has reasons and my dad wanted to provide me the safest environment so it had to happen. Now the thing is I'm your CEO and it will not change even if you like or not !!I know all of a sudden if a position is taken off by someone else it takes a bit time to adjust but trust me I want a very friendly environment in my each office and each branch. Moreover Mumbai is head office of K. Empire now so responsibilities increases. So I'll try keeping the atmosphere light and friendly till you're reciprocating the same being in your limits!! The day I see opposite of it..I'll make sure that employee really regret it !! Don't think I'm a Hitler!! I'm not " I said looking at Abeer and he chuckled looking down !!

"So guys!! Work hard and smart!! Give your more then hundred percent to the work. No time pass when working. And other then this time you'll not find Meera Malhotra!! You'll find Meera who's just like you!! " I said and everyone looked at me nodding.

"So!! Are you with me in making Kapoor Empire rise more high and high" I asked
"Yes madam" Came all the voices and I smiled.

I'm  really not that bad at addressing!!

"So back to work people. But before that I want some people in my cabin in five minutes " I announced and everyone nodded

"The senior corporate communicator, head of the intellectual property, head of campus resourcing and employer branding, senior team lead of corporate strategy, senior  sustainability manager, senior manufacturing heads and tech head,  IT team leaders, head of digital team design centers and head of chemical centers and rest heads of other departments.
Everyone in my cabin in five minutes. Thankyou You may continue your works" I announced and everyone went to their places.

I walked down towards Abeer and Divya who were smiling at me.

"You rocked it love" he said and I smiled
"Abeer!  I think I'll manage here. You should go." I told confidentially and he smiled.
"Yes. I can sense that. But what was that friendly and all!! You know you can't be a boss if you're friendly with your employees. That's history " he said
"If that's true then I'll change history" I smirked
"No one can win from you. Both of you take care okay " He said looking at Divya and me and we smiled.