CHAPTER TWENTY ONE

TWENTY ONE
Downpour Of Tears

I'm staring at the vast space of my room, everything seems so vague right now. My mind cannot process everything that had happen in just a single night.

I thought the hardest thing that I could experienced was knowing my husband was cheating on me, but still managed to forgive him and even accepted the fact that he had a child with that woman. Nilunok ko na lahat ng pride na meron ako sa katawan ko.

At sa lahat ng paraan, maliit man o malaki I even gave him my utmost support and help as long as I can so that he'd be happily spending his time with his son because it is his right to be with that inoccent kid of his.

But, I never thought that my world would turn upside down even though I became the righteous woman that he wished for. And because of that woman who hoped of ruining our lives.

At ngayon? She finally succeeded, I'm done. I'm tired, hindi ko na kaya pa. I was like a stream that was once filled with raging waters that turned into a dried piece of land.

Ubos na ubos na ako, and there's nothing left with me. Even my sanity is slowing leaving me, and this is too draining and devastating.

"Miss Odette? Here's your lunch. Kumain na po kayo." A nurse came in and left a lunch tray for me. I hadn't been eating well this past few days. All I did was to space out, I never spoke to them since the last time. And that was two days ago.

Madalas nga ay hindi ko gaanong ginagalaw ang pagkain ko, o kaya naman ay hindi talaga ako kumakain. Wala akong gana sa lahat ng bagay, and I had no will to live. Ano pa bang dahilan oara mag stay ako rito? My baby, my baby is gone and I have no purpose of living. Hindi ko na alam saan ako dadalhin ng buhay kong gusto ko nalang tapusin.

I looked at the door, no one's here. My mom left a few hours ago. She's busy with my work. Napabayaan ko na ang club at wala rin naman ako sa diretsong pag iisip para makapagtrabaho, plus the fact that I'm sick and my heart isn't in normal state.

Gusto ko nalang talagang sumuko.

I pulled the IV on my arm, and stood up then walk towards the door. I looked around and went out nang wala ng nurses or doctor sa paligid. I ride the elevator going to the top floor hoping that no one's riding with me.

Nang makarating sa pinakahuling floor ay wala ako sa sariling inakyat ang hagdan, it says roof top. I twisted the door knob and it was open, sinalubong ako ng malakas na hangin at ulan mula sa pinakataas ng building.

Unti unti akong humakbang papalapit sa harang ng roof top. I silently stare at the sky, I cannot open my eyes properly as the rain heavily poured on my face. I'm soaking wet with the heavy downpour of water from the dark skies. Seems like the sky is portraying how I feel right now and it is the only one who's crying for me.

Wala na akong lakas umiyak, naiiyak ko na ata sa loob ng ilang araw ang lahat ng luha ko at hindi ko na alam ang gagawin ko para maibsan lahat ng sakit nararamdaman ko. Nilapitan ko ang harang at tumingin sa baba, I'm on the 10th floor of the hospital.

Will it hurt? Or my pain is more painful than dying tragically this way?

My knees started to tremble in fear as I gather my sanity.

What on earth am I thinking?

Oh, God.

Forgive me.

My hands are vigorously shaking in fear. This is not right, please I need strength. I slowly head towards the exit while my body is trembling because I'm soaking wet with rain and I was really terrified on the fact that I was about to harm myself.