CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR

TWENTY FOUR
Downpour Of Tears

The anniversary will held by the weekends this week. Pero, it'll be held in the Philippines.

I don't know if I'll go or not would I look rude if I don't go?

Or maybe they would understand, for sure they already know that everything between me and Lucas fell apart four years ago. Hindi ko nga alam kung bakit at sa anong paraan pa niya ako iniimbita, I'm no longer a part of their family.

The way I runaway before looks like I turned my back to them already. And that implies what I did, I don't have any choice to turn my back to save me from the pain.

Isang linggo na ang nakakaraan ng huli kaming magusap at iwanan niya ang imbitasyon na ito saakin. Pero hindi ko parin alam kung pupunta ba ako hindi, hindi naman ako mahihirapan na makabalik. I can go whenever I want to, may handang mag hatid saakin.

But the question is, kaya ko ba?

Kaya ko bang humarap muli sa mga magulang ng dati kong asawa. I feel like disrespecting them for running away without saying a word. They'd been so good to me. And it guilts me to think na idamay ko sila sa galit na naramdaman ko noon.

I sighed heavily and rested my back on the backrest of the swivel chair and I massage my temples.

I contacted one of my connections.

Let's just do this.

I'm going home.

I called my Mom telling me I'm going to the Philippines. She scolded me bigtime, dahil sinabi ko iyon nang naiayos ko na ang flight ko pauwi.

Hinayaan niya nalang ako dahil may sarili naman na daw akong desisyon sa buhay and I know what's wrong and what's right.

And the right thing is to apologize for leaving them without saying a word and formally bid my good bye to them.

I'll be staying at the Philippines for only three days, a day after my flight, the wedding anniversary and the next day. Sa gabi ng ikatlong araw ay babalik na rin ako.

To end all things, to mend a broken heart.

Everyone deserves forgiveness.

LUCAS

Things happened for a reason.

I also have my own reasons, countless reasons that I was never been allowed to explain. I poured too much on her, and she's over filled.

As much as I want to hold her delicately, my hands slipped and shattered her to pieces.

I was a damn asshole, coward piece of shit and those insulting words for a man like me. I'll swallow them, and pretend that I wasn't hurt.

It's damn painful, but I was not a victim and I won't victimize myself for hurting the woman that all she did was to understand and be patient in all the mess that I made.

I accepted my fault, but it's hard to accept the defeat.

Talunan na ako sa larong to.

Wala na tapos na.

I always stare on her ring, the wedding ring she left on the hospital 4 years ago. The day she went away, and I was clueless where she went. I immediately contacted her that same fucking day, but she never respond in every single message that I sent.

Halos araw araw akong nag iiwan ng mensahe sakanya. Until days, weeks and months had passed. Wala na akong narinig ni katiting na salita mula sakanya.

She haunts me every night, I wasn't sleeping well for a whole damn month. Every thing seems so vague and all I feel is the pain of being left behind.