CHAPTER TWENTY FIVE

TWENTY FIVE
Downpour Of Tears

Early that morning I contacted Skye.

Hindi ko alam but she seemed to be fine, hindi manlang nabakas sa boses niya na nagtatampo siya saakin, which is a good thing.

I sipped on my cup of brewed coffee while waiting for Skye, dadaan daw muna siya saglit sa trabaho to time in at lalabas. Napailing nalang ako, she's still the same mischievous girl I know.

I want to catch up with her. I heard she's settled with someone already, I don't know if it's Levi, they seemed to be a good match.

and I heard Levi was already married as well, iyon ang nakadisclose sa isang Magazine featuring their business. Iisang taon palang nakakalipas ng maikasal ito.

I'm expecting it to be him.

"Shie!" A woman in wearing a long sleeved polo and skirt sat on a chair parallel to me.

"Skye, long time no see!" Masaya kong bati sakanya. Pinanliitan niya ako ng mata.

"Ghad, girl. How have you been?! Hindi ka manlang nagpaalam na aalis ka, then all of sudden you'll contact me at the middle of the night! Nasa kalagitnaan pa naman kami ni Babe ng---"

She smiled awkwardly. "You know what I mean." She whispered.

"So totoo nga na you settled with someone."

"Of course naman noh, I'm turning 30 na." Aniya na ikinatawa ko.

"Who is it? Levi?" I asked.

Her eyes went wide and she laughed. "You know the deal between us noon pa, you know the answer."

"So ikaw ba? Where did you went ba?." Tanong niya.

"Nevada."

Her eyes bulge "Nevada, as in Las Vegas?"

"Yeah."

She sighed and crossed her arms.

"Alam mo bang halos baliwin mo ang asawa mo kakahanap, Levi helped him a lot pero wala. Ni ha, ni ho wala kang paramdam." Aniya

"I know, kaya nga eto babawi na ako sayo eh. Sayo lang." I smiled and she pouted her lips.

"Nakakainis ka, sana manlang kahit ako sinabihan mo. Kung hindi ko pa matinong nakausap si Lucas I'll never know what really happened. Okay ka na ba?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Perfectly fine, Skye. That was an ample time to heal and rest. Although forgetting was tough and I'm still going through the process of it."

"In due time sis, ganoon talaga. Even me, it was hard to forget but I tried to forgive and ngayon, I'm happily living with someone." Nakangiti niyang saad.

I'm a bit envious about that, isa isa na silang nagkakaroon ng masasayang pamilya.

"Kamusta naman? May anak na ba kayo?"

She smiled.

"Wala pa, he's work is always overseas, madalas siya wala so paano kami magkakababy. Pinapaspas na nga namin before he'll go back again." Saad niya saka siya tumawa.