3) Second year

Second year

The year I realized Hogwarts does not do a background check on teachers before hiring them.

______________________________________________

PS

Ada : /ˈeɪdə/ and in simpler terms, it's read somehow like Eyda.

_____________________________________________

Adelina's Pov

"I can't believe Snape! This is stupid. Bullshit!"
Flint cursed under his breath for what seemed like a zillionth time while I could do nothing but dance on his nerves as my eyes took in the sight of Flint's dismay satisfied.

After so many forlorn attempts and of course the ceaseless wheedling, Snape finally agreed to tell Flint he will have to have me as a player in Slytherin Quidditch team.
Only as a substitute of course but it was fantastic enough for now.

"The fuck you sniggering about Farley?!"
Flint snapped at me, ready to explode with frustration. I sucked in both my lips inside, trying to hide my defiant smile.

"I don't know what came undone in Snape's head when he was writing this but you, don't be all bloody chuffed. Now go get changed. You're out if you haven't got your own broom and other shits."

I was already many steps ahead of him
"Right away Captain."
He didn't quite appreciate that. After wearing the uniform I grabbed the Cleensweep Seven broomstick, getting  back to the practice grounds and looked for Flint when I stopped dead in my tracks by the sight in front of me.

Malfoy and Flint were rattling on about something releasing annoying cackles every now and then. The heck does Malfoy do here?

"Already all dressed up Farley? Congrats filth. You finally crawled your way in as a standby."

"Oh belt up Malfoy. Why are you here?"

With the frustration welling up in me I had no room for bickering. His vexing smirk and out of the blue presence all clad in the team uniform was getting me a little riled up.

"Rude as ever. Haven't you heard? I was just chosen as the new seeker."

I blinked twice before digesting the abrupt statement was thrown at me. "But ... But Terence..."

"He dropped out of the team this morning. He'd met his match."

"And that's you? We won the Quidditch Cup last year thanks to him." I asserted the fact. Terence was undoubtedly a great seeker. A decent unlike many other of the team.

"And now you'll see me win the Quidditch Cup every year. Besides, it's good for you Farley. Now you can go console Higgs and get him to notice your pathetic little crush." A very debatable question struck me in that moment.

Would I end up in Azkaban if I were to shove my broomstick up his blonde arse?

|
|
|

"That perishing family. It's all because of those damn brooms. Flint's an idiot. Terence you shouldn't back down. I'll bet his arse you're better than that prat." Terence chortled at my outburst as I shot stones in the water frustrated.

Terence and I were lounging around on the lake shores. It was still bothering me that Terence unfairly had to back out of the team.

"He's pretty good you know?" He turned his head, meeting my eyes over his shoulder.